Rave Mobile Safety Extends Market Lead in Providing Higher Education Campus Safety Solutions
Rave Continues Record Growth Rate and Protects Nearly 40 Percent of U.S. Student Population
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rave Mobile Safety, the trusted software partner for campus and public safety, today announced significant milestones for 2012. The company's continued growth and outstanding customer retention validate that Rave Mobile Safety is the preferred partner for higher education emergency notification and public safety systems.
"The safety of our students, faculty and staff is paramount," said Koren Kanadanian, director of emergency management at Providence College. "Rave Alert is a huge improvement over our previous system in all aspects: usability, performance, integration and data management. It provides us with peace of mind knowing that when we have critical events, we are able to get the word out quickly across a broad spectrum of communication channels. The implementation was quick and easy and Rave's support continues to be unparalleled."
Key highlights from 2012 include:
- A continued industry leading 98 percent customer retention rate.
- Rave solutions are now deployed in higher education institutions in 47 states.
- Added more than 120 new higher education clients of all size and types, in many instances replacing incumbent solutions, including: College of the Ozarks, Drake University, University of Idaho, Case Western Reserve University, Seton Hall University, Cornell College, Providence College and the University of Idaho.
- Continued unprecedented rate of replacing other vendor's underperforming emergency notification solutions with more than 100 competitive replacements.
- Rave added to its portfolio of intellectual property and was granted patents #8165562 and #8126424 for its innovative Rave Guardian product.
- Delivered more than 8 million messages in a single day with unparalleled performance. Rave also increased its industry leading messaging capacity by 50 percent, including more direct connections into leading wireless carrier networks, enabling clients to reach tens of thousands of students in seconds.
- Expanded coverage to protect nearly 40 percent of the U.S. higher education student population.
- Rave Eyewitness helped prevent bullying and improve crime reporting at institutions in 29 states.
- Enhancement of standards-based integration capabilities based on the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) and automated weather alerting.
- Becoming the standard "easy-button" for initiating mass notifications for all communication channels, including SMS, voice, email, screen, siren, Twitter, Facebook, RSS, CAP and many more.
- With the most comprehensive partner program in higher education, Rave solutions are now integrated with standard service offerings from AT&T, Ellucian and Jenzabar.
Rave Mobile Safety's products include: Rave Alert, the most reliable broadcast emergency notification solution on the market; Rave Guardian which transforms cell phones into a personal safety device; and Rave EyeWitness, which allows students to confidentially text into campus police any threats or issues they see on campus. All of these solutions enable the highest levels of campus safety at colleges and universities of any size and location.
"Our focus on higher education with regard to the requirements, support levels and communication is being rewarded with validation of the highest order – customer satisfaction," said Tom Axbey, chief executive officer for Rave Mobile Safety. "While we take pride in protecting such a large portion of the U.S. student population and providing the best technology available in the market, we are grateful for the opportunity to continue to grow our portfolio of products and innovate with leading colleges and universities in order to further enhance campus safety."
About Rave Mobile Safety
Rave Mobile Safety is the most trusted software partner for campus and public safety. Used by leading institutes of higher education and state and local agencies, the award-winning portfolio of Rave SafeCampus, Rave Alert, Rave Guardian, Rave Eyewitness, Smart911 and SmartPrepare enables millions to feel safe, secure and connected. Rave Mobile Safety is headquartered in Framingham, MA. For more information, please visit www.ravemobilesafety.com.
Davies Murphy Group
SOURCE Rave Mobile Safety
More by this Source
Rave Mobile Safety Expands Higher Ed Market Lead to Protect more than 1,000 Campuses
Mar 31, 2014, 07:50 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.