NEWTON, N.H., Feb. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Calling all puzzlers and players! Get ready for thousands of pieces of fun when Ravensburger, the first name in high-quality puzzles and playthings, presents its extensive all-new collection of engaging board games and one-of-a-kind puzzles at the American International Toy Fair, Booth #465 in the Javits Convention Center, February 13-16, 2011. Led by the world's largest puzzle, the Keith Haring: Double Retrospect, a whopping 32,000+-piece masterpiece featuring the late pop artist's celebrated works, Ravensburger's debut lineup also celebrates the worldwide popularity of its legendary shifting maze game, Labyrinth, with a special 25th Anniversary Edition of the award-winning, best-selling game.
"We're thrilled to present our 2011 collection, filled with creative new products, including the huge and awe-inspiring Keith Haring puzzle, the silver anniversary edition of our extremely successful Labyrinth game, our incredible puzzlepyramid® collection, and much more," said Thomas Kaeppler, CEO, Ravensburger. "At Ravensburger, we value the importance of family time, and puzzles and games provide a perfect opportunity for parents and children to work and play together as they create something wonderful."
Ravensburger breaks the mold in 2D puzzles with the introduction of its biggest puzzle ever, the Keith Haring: Double Retrospect. The world's largest puzzle, according to the Guinness Book of World Records — with an amazing 32,256 pieces — assembles to form a 17 x 6-feet masterpiece. The puzzle weighs in at a hefty 42 lbs – and comes with its own hand truck for carting it home! The puzzle includes 32 of Haring's images, featuring the artist's signature bold colors and free-form designs, and is a must-have for serious puzzle and art enthusiasts.
For a completely new dimension in puzzle play, Ravensburger adds to its 3D puzzle portfolio with the debut of puzzlepyramid®. Featuring the eponymous triangle shape, the puzzlepyramid series brings a unique perspective to puzzling with flexible hinged pieces that are numbered on the inside and snap together easily to showcase a different design on each side. No glue required! The introductory puzzlepyramid collection features five 240-piece designs.
In addition, Ravensburger will mark the 25th anniversary of Labyrinth, its family game standout that has sold more than 13 million units worldwide and remains wildly popular for its engrossing shifting maze-based play. For 2011, the company offers a range of new "players" to the Labyrinth lineup, including the Labyrinth Anniversary Edition, a limited-edition game packaged in a collector's tin.
For the younger set, Ravensburger's relaunched Imagine, Play, Discover collection includes six of the company's best-selling and most loved games with an updated look and feel to engage and delight today's children and families. The rich, fun-filled assortment presents fresh artwork and bold callouts to each game's skill-building features. The line is designed to help strengthen young players' knowledge of basic concepts and to spark their imagination, creativity, memory and communication skills.
Also new from Ravensburger:
- Whoowasit?, an intriguing "who done it" board game featuring knights, castle fairies, an evil wizard, talking animals – and an exciting electronic feature.
- Jolly Octopus, an electronic game featuring a happy and ticklish battery-operated octopus, which moves his tentacles as preschool-age players try to collect his crabs with tongs.
- Xoomy® arts & crafts collection, a portable light box illustrating machine that is available in both Xoomy® Boys and Xoomy® Girls varieties.
- Animal Planet™ 2D puzzles capture animals seen on the network and feature exciting wildlife photography that brings them to life. The assortment includes ten original puzzle designs ranging from 100 to 1,000 pieces.
- Highlights™ brand fun-filled puzzles in That's Silly! ™ and Hidden Pictures™ designs inspired by the iconic brand and most widely-read children's magazine in the country.
- WOW Toys, an irresistible range of kid-powered toys for infants through preschoolers that never need batteries and carry a ten-year satisfaction guarantee. New "playmates" include water toys Bella Butterfly and Sammy Scramble and the out-of-this-world Lunar Lenny playset.
To learn more about Ravensburger's extensive lineup, please visit www.ravensburger.com.
Newton, NH-based Ravensburger is the U.S. subsidiary of Ravensburger Spieleverlag GmbH, a German toy and game manufacturer with a 125-year history of tradition. Founded in Ravensburg, Germany in 1883, Ravensburger is a leading producer of toys loved the world over and celebrated for its meticulous commitment to detail, high production standards and superior quality control. In addition to Ravensburger-branded puzzles, games and arts & crafts, the company is the exclusive distributor of WOW Preschool Toys and holds licenses for such well-known brands as Thomas and Friends™, Animal Planet™, The Twilight Saga™, Hello Kitty®, Highlights™, Iron Man® 2 and more.