CARLSBAD, Calif, Nov. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Razer™, the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems, today announced the launch of its new top-of-the-line headphones: the Razer Kraken Forged Edition.
Crafted with ear cups that are machined out of aircraft-grade aluminum and finished with a matte texture, the Razer Kraken Forged Edition is carefully hand-assembled, ensuring the build quality matches the premium looks and guts.
Razer's renowned audio engineers spent countless hours fine-tuning the Kraken Forged Edition's 40 mm bass-heavy drivers to perfection. As a result, the neodymium pair work in unison with the headphone's acoustic chambers and isolated closed ear cup design to deliver booming bass, clear mids and crisp highs for sound that's optimized for music and pitch-perfect for gaming.
With plush leatherette ear cushions lining the ear cups, a fully adjustable headband and a lightweight, foldable design, the Razer Kraken Forged Edition headphones are designed for extended use.
The Razer Kraken Forged Edition also includes a swappable cable with an in-line microphone, giving users the versatility to easily convert it into a headset for gaming or telephony.
"These are the best headphones on the market for both music and gaming, period," says Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder, CEO and creative director. "We've made some incredible audio products in our time, and I'm proud to say that we have taken another huge step forward in terms of audio quality in a pair of headphones with phenomenal fit and finish."
For more information about the Razer Kraken Forged Edition, check out www.razerzone.com/Kraken-Forged.
Price: U.S. $299.99 / EU €299.99
Razerzone.com – Order Now
Worldwide – December 2013
- Drivers: 40 mm Neodymium Magnets
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ω at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity @ 1 kHz: 100 dB ± 3 dB
- Input Power: 30 mW
- Approximate Weight: 390 g
- Frequency Response: 50 – 10,000 Hz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 60 dB
- Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1 V / Pa): -38 dB ± 3 dB
- Pick-up Pattern: Omni-directional
- Machined, aircraft-grade aluminum
- Custom-tuned 40 mm neodymium magnet drivers
- Comfortable, versatile form factor
- Closed ear cup design for optimal sound isolation
- Foldable ear cup design
- Hard carrying case for portability
- ¼-in. audio connector included
- Swappable cable system with included in-line microphone cable
- Audio Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm or ¼-in. audio jack
- Audio + Microphone Usage: Devices with 3.5 mm audio + mic combined jack
(Compatible with Apple iPhone®, HTC®, BlackBerry®. The Razer Kraken Forged works well with smart phones and laptops that come default with a 4 pin TRRS audio + mic combined jack. Razer cannot guarantee performance for use with third party splitter cables.)
For more information about the Razer Kraken Forged Edition, please visit www.razerzone.com/Kraken-Forged.
Razer™ is the world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems. Founded in 1998, with its headquarters in Carlsbad, California, the company has offices in nine cities around the globe. Used by the most demanding professional gamers who compete in global tournaments, Razer provides gamers with the unfair advantage of cutting-edge technology and award-winning design. We live by our motto: For Gamers. By Gamers.™
For more information, please visit http://www.razerzone.com/.
Razer - For Gamers. By Gamers.™