HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., July 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This school year, students are giving Kmart high marks for its ridiculously awesome selection of character backpacks, brightly printed lunch box kits, graphic tees, new exclusive Risewear™ gym shoes and more, all while parents are thrilled that they can budget better thanks to the return of No Money Down Layaway.
Parents are already planning for back to school shopping this year while their kids soak up the rest of summer, according to a recent survey from the National Retail Federation. That's why Kmart makes it easy for Shop Your Way® members and customers, whether they shop in-store at Kmart, online or use the Kmart Mobile App.
"This year, Kmart has kids and parents covered," said Kelly Cook, chief marketing officer, Kmart. "Kmart's No Money Down layaway gives parents the option to plan ahead, while offering all of the stuff students love – from hot trends such as emoticons and favorite characters, to geo prints and big florals that make campus dorm rooms bold and bright."
It's Back: No Money Down Layaway
This year, Kmart is bringing back its famous No Money Down Layaway to help give parents peace of mind while the whole family continues to enjoy the last days of summer vacation. Parents can get a head start on shopping while staying on budget by putting all the hot, must-have school-year essentials on layaway for $0 down in-store and just a penny online NOW. Plus, members get $10 off a storewide layaway purchase of $50 or more. Layaway is available in-store, through the Kmart mobile app and online at Kmart.com. And with 'Layaway and Go' through the Kmart mobile app, simply scan items with your smartphone while in store to add to any layaway order. This way, all you have to do is pick up your items at Kmart and you will be ready to go for the first day of school.
Class is in Session
Follow Kmart's back-to-school guide for genius deals on supplies, gear and apparel for every grade*:
All new gear that helps them make a bold statement:
- Select fashion backpacks on sale for $10, reg. $12.99**
- TMNT™ and other character backpacks on sale for $15, reg. $17.99-19.99**
- Kids' H2O lunch boxes or ZAZA totes on sale for $9.99, reg. $12.99**
- 5-pc. backpack sets on sale for $12, reg. $19.99***
- Kids' lunch sack or Hi-Top Munchsak® on sale for $4.99, reg. $6.99***
- Yak Pak® backpacks on sale for $20, reg. $29.99****
- Character lunch kits on sale for $7.99, reg. $9.99****
Show Off Your Style
Swag that shows off their personality, because when students look good, they feel good:
- Girls' Basic Editions separates on sale from $3.99-$5.99 reg. $5-$7.99**
- Girls' Basic Editions leggings on sale for $5.99, reg. $7.99**
- Select girls' Piper Faves an Route 66 denim on sale for $9.99, reg. $12.99-14.99***
- Boys' Basic Editions tees on sale for $4.99, reg. $5.99**
- Boys' short sleeve woven shirts or shorts on sale for $7.99, reg. $9.99***
- Boys' Basic Editions chino or cargo pants on sale for $9.99, reg. $12.99***
- Route 66 kids' screen tees on sale for $4.99, reg. $7.99***
- Select kids' Everlast sport footwear on sale for $14.99, reg. $21.99-24.99***
- Boys' Risewear Loop shoe for $29.99
Must-Have School Supplies +
Pencils, sharpeners, scissors, glue and more that keep kids on point and prepared:
- BOGO 50% off Crayola colored pencils, crayons, markers or watercolor paints++
- Wescott® animal-shaped pencil sharpener for $1.49
- Wescott ring eraser (2 ct.) for 99¢
- 2-in-1 cupcake pencil sharpener and eraser for 99¢
- Dixon® No. 2 pencils (8 ct.) on sale for 20¢, reg. 99¢**
- Elmer's school glue, white (4 oz.) on sale for 50¢, reg.99¢**
- Crayola crayons (24 ct.) for 25¢
- Solid-color poly folders for 20¢
- Wescott scissors (2 ct.) for 25¢
Back-to-campus has never felt more like home with bright colors and bold prints:
- Cruz black futon on sale for $99.99, reg. $159.99**
- Essential Home complete twin/full bed sets on sale for $34.99, reg. $49.99**
- 20% off Chindi rugs, reg. $14.99-49.99***
- Essential Home 8-pk. hangers or mini crates on sale for $1, reg. $1.49-1.99***
- Essential Home 8-pk. washcloth on sale for $1.99, reg. $3.99***
- BOGO 50% select bath accessories, reg. $5.99-19.99***++
- Emoticon puff pillows – heart eyes, wink, monkey, crying and nerd -- for $5.99+++
- Storage ottomans on sale for $19.99, reg. $29.99**
- Large stacking crates on sale for $3.99, reg. $4.99**
- Essential Home decorative storage on sale for $9.99, reg. $15.99**
Don't Forget: FREEBIE Saturday
To help kids get ready for the first day of class, Kmart is offering a special back to school emoticon coloring portfolio***** as part of FREEBIE Saturday. Stop by your local Kmart on Saturday, July 30 to pick one up.
For more information, visit www.Kmart.com.
*Offers valid in-store and online at Kmart.com. Members get $10 in points for every $35 spent on apparel, footwear, school supplies, backpacks and electronics from July 17 – August 17, 2016 (Points valid for 14 days, $100 point maximum per member).
** Offer valid July 17 – July 23, 2016.
*** Offer valid July 24 – July 30, 2016
**** Offer valid July 30 – August 6, 2016
*****Available at participating stores for kids 12 and younger while supplies last.
+ Prices may vary by store
+ +Valid on select products of equal or lesser value.
+ ++ Available online at Kmart.com and in select Kmart stores
Kmart is making shopping fun again. The retailer, a subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is bringing back the iconic Bluelight Specials, hosting Freebie Saturdays and in-store family events for its Shop Your Way members and customers. Kmart offers customers thrilling deals and amazing finds on quality products and exclusive brands including Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ready-set-go-the-race-to-back-to-school-is-on-at-kmart-300300310.html