LOS ANGELES, Aug. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The torches have been lit, and today leading personal finance website GOBankingRates.com in partnership with GoFreeCredit launches its second quadrennial Summer Money Games competition.
More than 50 top personal finance and success experts have submitted their favorite money tips in both article and video format. Their tips are now on the line for the chance to win the gold, silver and bronze money medals in the 2016 Summer Money Games.
GOBankingRates' readers and viewers, as well as the followers of each Money Games finalist, are invited to vote for their favorite article or video now through 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2016. These thought leaders have each provided advice in of the following five categories of the Games:
- Saving Money Retirement Planning Wealth Building Money Milestones Financial Advice
Voters can expect budgeting tools, retirement preparation help, investing tips, advice on how to achieve big money moments and more.
This year's finalists are the best of the best, hand-selected by a respected committee of GOBankingRates columnists, managing editors and veteran staff who evaluated the work of hundreds of personal finance gurus.
- Jaime Catmull, Partnerships & Syndication
- Cameron Huddleston, Award-Winning Columnist
- Connie Lundegard, Marketing & Social Media
- Cherise Nelson, Head of Content
- Tonya Stumphauzer, Managing Editor, Video
"This is truly an incredible line-up of the best and brightest in the money field," said Lundegard. "Each finalist has made many significant contributions to the personal finance and personal success industries. The Money Games is a platform to honor their best-in-class work. On behalf of the Money Games Committee and GOBankingRates, we're thrilled to bring together such knowledgeable experts to share advice and help Americans improve their personal finance."
VOTING RULES: You may vote once per day for as many articles and videos as you like. Voting resets at 12 a.m. PST each morning. To cast a bonus vote for your favorite advice, and for the chance at a $50 gift card, share your vote on Facebook or Twitter with the hashtag #MoneyGames.
GET BETTER WITH YOUR MONEY.
Read & learn about the areas of finance that affect you the most.
- 7 Tricks to Fund Your Makeup Addiction - Amy Chang, Slickdeals
- How Your Mind Can Trick You Into Thinking "Things" Make You Happy - Barbara Friedberg
- 15 Ways to Save $100 to $1,000 With Minimal Effort - DaveRamsey.com
- 21 Free or Cheap Date Ideas - Donna Freedman
- How to Give Yourself a $12,000 Raise - Jeanette Pavini, Coupons.com
- A (Nearly) Foolproof Way to Hit Your Savings Goals - Jennifer Barrett, Acorns
- Automate, Date and Let Go of that Budget - 3 Tips to Save Serious Cash - Kyle Taylor, The Penny Hoarder
- 6 Steps to Become a Recovering Spender - Lauren Greutman, I am That Lady
- Stop Paying for Stuff - Stephanie Nelson, Coupon Mom
- 10 Financial Habits You Need to Start Today - Tracie Fobes, Penny Pinchin' Mom
- Turn Your Retirement Dreams Into Reality - Chris Hogan
- Finally – The Magic Number You Need to Retire - J. Money, Budgets are Sexy
- Saving for Retirement: You're Doing It Wrong - J.D. Roth
- 3 Tips for Retiring in a Volatile Market - Joe Udo, Retire By 40
- Why Saving Money Is the Wrong Retirement Tactic - Kim Kiyosaki
- How Your Hobbies Can Make You Money in Retirement - Nancy Collamer, MyLifestyleCareer.com
- 3 Steps to Avoid Running Out of Money in Retirement - Sharon Epperson, CNBC
- Hidden 401(k) Fees Can Destroy Your Retirement Dreams - Tony Robbins and Tom Zgainer, America's Best 401k
- 5 Big Pre-Retirement Mistakes to Avoid - Wes Moss
- How to Turn Your Hobby Into a Business - Christy Wright
- 7 Success Habits That Took Me To 7 Figures - Denise Duffield-Thomas, Lucky Bitch
- Empathy: One of the Keys to My Business Success - Gary Vaynerchuk
- 8 Guaranteed Ways to Double Your Salary in Two Years - John Rampton
- How to Be the MVP of Your Time and Money - Josh Felber
- 7 Ways to Build a Powerful Network - Murray Newlands
- 200+ Ways to Make Extra Money in Your Spare Time - Nick Loper, Side Hustle Nation
- How to Find Your Side Hustle Sweet Spot - Nicole Lapin, Rich Bitch
- 7 Ways to Start a Business Without Quitting Your Job - Robert Kiyosaki
- 5 Secrets to Become a Great Investor - Ron Beaubien, StockMarketSchool.com
- Hey, Girl: It's Time to Own Your Financial Future - Whitney Johnson
- When to Make the Leap from Renter to Home Owner - AJ Smith, SmartAsset
- How to Start Making Good Financial Decisions - David Auten and John Schneider, The Debt Free Guys
- Should a Mutual Fund Be Your First Investment? - Dorethia Kelly
- Want More Financial Aid? Here's How to Get It - Jessica Dickler, CNBC
- 7 Things Graduates Must Do Now for Financial Success Later - Kathy Kristof
- Save Yourself From Financial Ruin - Laura Adams, Money Girl
- 12 Ways to Make Buying Your First Home More Affordable - Paul Vachon, The Frugal Toad
- How to Make a Plan for Your Money That Works - Rachel Cruze
- Kill $10K in Student Loans Fast - Robert Farrington, The College Investor
- How to Save Money Without a Regular Paycheck - Stefanie O'Connell
- The Ultimate Guide to Dealing With Student Loans You Can't Afford - Steve Rhode, Get Out of Debt Guy
- 10 Ways to Save for the Honeymoon of Your Dreams - Trae Bodge
- Is It Worth It? - Carl Richards, New York Times
- 9 Reasons You Should Start Saving Like a Millennial - Chelsea Krost
- 3 Steps to Free Yourself From Debt - Darren Hardy
- What They Should Have Taught You About Money in School - David Bach
- 75 Things You Can Get for Free - Jeff Yeager, The Ultimate Cheapskate
- 25 Money Experts Share the Best Way to Invest $1,000 - Jim Wang, Wallet Hacks
- How to Get Rich While Raising a Family - Kimberly Palmer, Smart Mom, Rich Mom
- Crucial Questions to Ask When You're Deep in Debt - Michelle Singletary
- How to Spend Happily and Still Get Ahead - Sharon Lechter
- Crazy Things Your Kids Think About Money - Winnie Sun
For full details on the Money Games and these experts, go to:
GOBankingRates.com is a news and features personal finance and consumer banking website, offering visitors the latest on everything from tips for saving money, investing for retirement, finding a good interest rate and getting a loan. Its content is regularly featured on top-tier media outlets, including MSN, MONEY, AOL Finance, Business Insider, and dozens of other top-tier media outlets. GOBankingRates specializes in connecting consumers with the financial institutions and products that best match their needs and financial situation.
GoFreeCredit.com is a website that helps consumers access their credit scores and monitor their credit reports 24/7. By working directly with the credit bureaus and other credit organizations, GoFreeCredit has connected millions of consumers with free access to their actual credit reports and scores to empower them to buy a new home, get approved for a loan, get access to credit, finance the purchase of a car as well as almost every possible transaction where credit is a factor. Credit is a huge part of your financial equation. GoFreeCredit can help you develop an understanding of how your credit scores factor into your financial health.
Katie Johnston, Media Relations
Kelly Macdonald, Customer Acquisition
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ready-set-vote-now-the-moneygames-competition-hosted-by-gobankingrates-is-on-300307354.html