WASHINGTON, April 3, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Play ball! Baseball is a game of numbers just as much as it is of home runs, stolen bases and strikeouts. To celebrate the unofficial first day of spring, Major League Baseball's Opening Day, the National Association of Realtors® is serving up a fastball of recent real estate facts that correspond to each of the nine positions on a baseball field:
- Pitcher (1) – first-time buyers made up 32 percent of sales in February
- Catcher (2) – 2.6 percent year-over-year increase in February pending home sales
- First base (3) – 3.8-month's supply of homes on the market in February
- Second base (4) – 4 percent of buyers purchased a condo
- Third base (5) – 5 percent of buyers had a median household income between $150,000 and $174,999
- Shortstop (6) – 6 percent is the median down payment of first-time buyers
- Left field (7) – 7 percent of buyers are single men
- Center field (8) – 8 percent of buyers are from the Silent Generation (ages 71-91)
- Right field (9) – 9 percent of first-time buyers financed their purchase with a VA loan
The National Association of Realtors®, "The Voice for Real Estate," is America's largest trade association, representing more than 1.2 million members involved in all aspects of the residential and commercial real estate industries.
Information about NAR is available at www.nar.realtor. This and other news releases are posted in the "News, Blogs and Videos" tab on the website.
For further information contact:
Adam DeSanctis, 202/383-1178
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/real-estate-on-opening-day-9-housing-stats-for-the-9-baseball-field-positions-infographic-300432898.html
SOURCE National Association of Realtors