FRANKLIN, Tenn., April 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- More and more of today's pet parents are starting to eat clean and increasingly want the same for their pets. In a recent survey conducted by the NUTRO™ brand, a pioneer in natural pet food, 90 percent of dog owners say they try to eat clean foods at least some of the time – and 75 percent say their clean eating efforts influence what they feed their dogs. With clean eating being more popular than ever, the NUTRO™ brand is setting a new standard in pet food with the launch of its new philosophy: NUTRO. FEED CLEAN™.
The NUTRO. FEED CLEAN™ philosophy adapts the human clean eating trend to pets with pet food recipes that are simple, purposeful and trustworthy and made with real, recognizable, non-GMO ingredients† as close to their native form as possible.
"The NUTRO™ brand is unique. And I don't use that word lightly. We're the only leading brand with non-GMO ingredients in all our dry dog foods, with every ingredient serving a precise purpose," said Chris Mondzelewski, general manager of pet specialty, Mars Petcare North America. "As owners try to match up their own food values with how they feed their pets, we're trying to help. The NUTRO™ brand is taking the clean eating trend in human food and translating that to pet food, creating recipes that satisfy the nutritional needs of dogs. That's the sweet spot we're going for, and I believe NUTRO™ dry dog food gets it exactly right."
Clean eating is quickly becoming a priority for the whole family – pets included. Of the dog owners surveyed:
- 83 percent make an effort to read their dog's food label, and half do this always or often.
- Given the option, two thirds (65 percent) would opt for non-GMO ingredients for their dog's food.
- 92 percent say it's important that their family's food has ingredients that are whole, simple and not artificial.
As the brand continues its NUTRO. FEED CLEAN™ it has assembled an advisory board to help guide future product development. NUTRO. FEED CLEAN™ Advisory Board member, Terry Walters, is at the forefront, as the author of two best-selling cookbooks on the clean eating lifestyle movement and remains passionate about sharing her knowledge of eating clean and living well.
"Clean eating is about embracing good health and nutrition by making informed choices and being mindful of what we eat and what we choose not to eat," said Walters. "I'm thrilled that the NUTRO™ brand offers clean, non-GMO dry dog food options that align with my values."
The new NUTRO. FEED CLEAN™ philosophy promises that the brand will create pet food recipes over the years that are simple, purposeful and trustworthy:
- SIMPLE – We will exclusively source non-GMO ingredients† as close to their native form as possible. We will never add artificial preservatives, flavors or colors. We will not use ingredients like chicken by-product meal, corn, wheat or soy protein.
- PURPOSEFUL – We will produce nutrient-rich food, ensuring that every single ingredient serves a precise purpose and making a high-quality protein the foundation of each recipe.
- TRUSTWORTHY – We will protect the integrity of the food at every stage of the process, sourcing from trusted farmers and suppliers, preparing only in trusted facilities and rigorously testing for quality and safety.
In line with the new philosophy, the NUTRO™ brand is updating its product line and has already introduced a number of new dry dog food products and recipes, including:
- NUTRO™ Limited Ingredient Diet – This brand new product line is crafted with only 10 key ingredient sources or less, plus natural flavors, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients, and without ingredients that may cause food sensitivities in dogs, like chicken, beef or grains.
- NUTRO™ Grain Free – The brand has introduced new recipes to this product line, offering grain-free nutrition with the added taste of sweet potato and a blend of vegetables and fruit.
- NUTRO™ WHOLESOME ESSENTIALS™ Dog Food – The NUTRO™ brand's most popular dry dog food line now includes new chicken and salmon based recipes with sweet potato and a blend of whole grain, vegetables and fruit.
- NUTRO™ WILD FRONTIER™ Dog Food – This product line promotes a strong, lean body and provides steady energy with meaty recipes that are high protein (guaranteed 30-32%) and grain free.
NUTRO™ dry dog food lines are now available nationwide in-store and online at major retailers, such as Amazon.com, Petco, PetSmart and more. For more information, visit NUTRO.com or Facebook.com/NUTROProducts.
About Mars Petcare US
Mars Petcare US is the U.S. operations of the world's largest pet care company at the privately-held Mars, Incorporated. Mars Petcare US produces some of the world's most beloved pet care brands, including PEDIGREE® Food and Treats for Dogs, CESAR® Canine Cuisine, IAMS™ Pet Food, SHEBA® Entrees for Cats, WHISKAS® Food for Cats, GREENIES™ Dental Treats and PILL POCKETS™ Treats, NUTRO™ Pet Food, EUKANUBA™ Pet Food and TEMPTATIONS™ Treats for Cats, as well as exclusive brands products for some of the leading retailers in the U.S. Headquartered in Franklin, Tenn., more than 3,700 Mars Petcare US associates make, sell and distribute its high-quality pet food from 20 manufacturing facilities located in communities across the U.S. For more information, please visit www.mars.com.
About the NUTRO™ Brand
The NUTRO™ Brand is a leading brand of natural pet food products sold exclusively at pet specialty stores and online. In 2017 the NUTRO™ brand introduced its NUTRO. FEED CLEAN™ philosophy outlining the brand's journey and new approach to pet food. NUTRO™ dry dog recipes are simple, purposeful, and trustworthy - made of real, recognizable, non-GMO ingredients†. For more information, please visit www.nutro.com.
†Trace amounts of genetically modified material may be present due to potential cross contact during manufacturing.
®/™ Trademarks © Mars, Incorporated 2017.
This survey was conducted online within the United States by OnePoll on behalf of Mars Petcare from March 14-22, 2017, among 1,500 dog owners aged 18 and over using an e-mail invitation. Respondents were selected and invited to participate at random from a double-opted in and fully managed online research panel and sourced from online communities and applications through a variety of publishers. For the purposes of this survey "Clean" was defined as incorporating whole fruits and vegetables, recognizable ingredients, products with short/simple ingredient list into your diet and avoiding artificial flavors, colors or preservatives.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/recent-poll-finds-9-out-of-10-dog-owners-surveyed-are-trying-to-eat-clean-and-its-impacting-how-they-feed-their-dogs-300444242.html
SOURCE The NUTRO Brand