Record Number Of Submissions For The MAPIC Awards 2013
13 - 15 November 2013 - Palais des Festivals, Cannes
PARIS, Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With over 100 submissions from 24 countries, the 2013 MAPIC Awards have received a record number of entries. Following discussions in Paris on 17 October, the jury shortlisted 27 finalists.
Organised by Reed MIDEM, MAPIC, the International Retail Property Market, will be held in Cannes from 13 to 15 November.
"The record number of entries reflects the growing interest in the MAPIC Awards. Selecting the best projects was difficult, owing to the quality and quantity of submissions! The projects have also come from all over the world, providing us with a map of property opportunities on an international scale," says Nathalie Depetro, Director of MAPIC.
The finalists of the MAPIC Awards 2013 are:
BEST FASHION & FOOTWEAR RETAIL CONCEPT
- Charming Charlie (United States)
- JD Sports Fashion Plc (United Kingdom)
- Vans (United States)
BEST FOOD & BEVERAGE RETAIL CONCEPT
- BBQ (South Korea)
Submitted by JHP
- Causses (France)
- La Place (The Netherlands)
- The Whisky Shop (United Kingdom)
BEST OMNICHANNEL STRATEGY
- JD Sports Fashion Plc (United Kingdom)
- Media Markt + Saturn (Germany)
- The Body Shop (United Kingdom)
BEST RETAIL GLOBAL EXPANSION
- BESTSELLER (Jack & Jones, Vero Moda, Only) (Denmark)
- Primark (United Kingdom)
- Starbucks (United States)
- Yves Rocher (France)
BEST FACTORY OUTLET CENTRE
- Fashion House (Moscow, Russia)
Submitted by FASHION HOUSE Group
- Roppenheim The Style Outlets (Roppenheim, France)
Submitted by NEINVER France and MAB Development
- Sicilia Outlet Village (Sicily, Italy)
Submitted by Arcus Real Estate srl
BEST RETAIL & LEISURE DEVELOPMENT
- Ocean Plaza (Kiev, Ukraine)
Submitted by UDP and K.A.N. Development
- Plaza Singapura (Singapore)
Submitted by CapitaMalls Asia Limited
- Puerto Venecia (Zaragoza, Spain)
Submitted by Puerto Venecia
- Vegas Crocus City (Moscow region, Russia)
Submitted by Crocus Group
BEST RETAIL REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT IN CITY CENTRE
- KoBra (Ghent, Belgium)
Submitted by the city of Ghent
- St. Lazare Paris (Paris, France)
Submitted by Klepierre
- Trinity Leeds (Leeds, United Kingdom)
Submitted by Land Securities
MOST INNOVATIVE SHOPPING CENTRE
- Aeroville (Roissy Charles-de-Gaulle, France)
Submitted by Unibail-Rodamco
- Emporia (Malmo, Sweden)
Submitted by Steen & Strom Sverige AB
- MOOD Stockholm (Stockholm, Sweden)
Submitted by Koncept Stockholm AB
As part of this year's 'Retail Rising stars' – China, Brazil, India and Russia, 2013's four Countries of Honour - the jury has selected four developers with projects in iconic shopping centres known as 'shining stars', who will be awarded a special prize during the MAPIC Awards ceremony. These go to:
- Wanda (China)
- Sonae Sierra (Brazil)
- DLF Mall of India (India)
- Crocus (Russia)
Chaired by Frederic LALOUM, Deputy Managing Director / Member of the Management Board of Altarea (France), the members of the jury, comprising experts in retailing and retail property, met on Thursday 17 October to select the finalists.
The jury is composed of experts from the retail real estate sector:
- Mr. Alain BOUTIGNY, Editor-in-Chief, Sites Commerciaux (France)
- Ms. Delphine DAUGE, Agency Director, Brandimage (France)
- Mr. Maxim KARBASNIKOFF, Partner Retail, Cushman & Wakefield (Russia)
- Mr Maciej KIELBICKI, Board Member and Managing Director, Mayland Real Estate (Poland)
- Mr. Enis ONCUOGLU, Managing Director – Architect, ONCUOGLU + ACP (Turkey)
- Mr. Jacques SINKE, Director of International Retail, MAB Development Group (The Netherlands)
- Mr. John STRACHAN, Global Head of Retail, Cushman & Wakefield LLP (UK)
- Mr. Klaus STRIEBICH, Managing Director Leasing, ECE Projektmanagement (Germany)
The winners will be revealed during the MAPIC Awards gala dinner to be held on Thursday 14 November at the Martinez Hotel in Cannes. After the dinner, all MAPIC attendees can join the winners for the traditional MAPIC Awards party.
To track industry news:
Founded in 1963, Reed MIDEM is a leading organiser of professional, international tradeshows. Reed MIDEM events have established themselves as key dates in professional diaries. The company hosts MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, and MIPJUNIOR for the television and digital content industries, MIDEM for music professionals, MIPIM, MIPIM Asia and MAPIC for the property and retail real estate sectors.
Reed MIDEM is a division of Reed Exhibitions, the world's leading events organizer with over 500 events in 39 countries. In 2011 Reed brought together six million active event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 33 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 44 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world-leading publisher and information provider and a FTSE 100 company.
SOURCE Reed MIDEM
More by this Source
MIPIM Events Not To Be Missed!
Mar 06, 2014, 14:12 ET
Avi Nir, Chief Executive Officer Of Keshet Media Group, To Keynote At MIPTV 2014
Mar 06, 2014, 10:27 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.