Recyclebank Launches "Green Your Vacation Contest" for Summer
NEW YORK, June 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Recyclebank®, the company that rewards people for taking everyday green actions with discounts and deals from local and national businesses, today launched the Green Your Vacation Contest, a nationwide challenge designed to inspire people to make eco-friendly decisions while on vacation. The Contest, which runs from today until July 31, allows Recyclebank members to learn tips for making their summer vacations eco-friendly, make pledges to take green actions and take challenges to earn Recyclebank points. The Contest's highest scorers and those who have referred the most friends have a chance to win more than 100 prizes including one of two grand prizes: a 10-day National Geographic/Lindblad Expeditions cruise to the Galapagos Islands or a five-day, four-night stay at the eco-luxurious Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo.
"This summer, millions of Americans will take vacations but may not realize how their vacation habits can impact the environment. With our Green Your Vacation Contest, Recyclebank is making it fun and rewarding for consumers to make their getaways eco-friendly," said Jonathan Hsu, chief executive officer at Recyclebank. "We hope to inspire families to extend their green living beyond the home to make an even greater environmental impact. Whether it's renting a fuel efficient car or unplugging all your home appliances before you head out of town, it's easy to turn your summer trip green."
To take the challenge, people can visit http://greenyourvacation.recyclebank.com and start earning points immediately. Each week, Recyclebank will reveal a new vacation theme (i.e. Summer Travel, Beach, Camping and Staycation) that features quizzes, pledges and polls relevant to that week's focus, as well eco-friendly vacation tips. For each challenge completed, pledge promised or friend referred, participants earn Recyclebank points. In addition to redeeming points for discounts and deals, the highest scorers are eligible to win some incredible prizes, including one of two grand-prize vacation packages:
- A 10-day, Galapagos Islands expedition cruise provided by Lindblad Expeditions, valued at $14,000
- For the eco-adventure traveler, this trip employs underwater cameras and video microscopes with HD screens enabling guests to explore under the sea.
- A five-day, four-night stay at the green Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, valued at $6,000
- Accommodation provided in one bedroom canopy suite
- Guests have the opportunity to plant native trees around the golf course as part of the resort's reforestation program
- Includes breakfast for two daily and two rounds of golf on the Arnold Palmer Signature golf course, a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary
To keep both grand prizes in the green spirit, NativeEnergy has donated Help Build™ carbon offsets to counteract greenhouse gas pollution from the contest winners' airfare. These offsets will help finance the new Wewoka Biogas Project.
In addition to the grand prizes, there are 10 finalist and 100 second place prizes. Details on additional Recyclebank Green Your Vacation Prizes are below:
10 First Place Prizes
- AVEENO® Summer Survival Kit (more than 10 summer skin essentials)
- Reflect Kanteen®
- Microlink Solar & Self-Powered Radio & LED Flashlight from Choose Renewables
- iPod Shuffle
- Bike Tube Travel Dopp Kit from Uncommon Goods
100 Second Place Prizes
- $25 BuyGreen.com Gift Card
- 1,000 Recyclebank Points
For more details on the Recyclebank Green Your Vacation Contest, visit http://greenyourvacation.recyclebank.com.
Recyclebank helps create a more sustainable future by rewarding people for taking everyday green actions with discounts and deals from more than 3,000 local and national businesses. Through its online platform and partnerships with municipalities, haulers, small businesses and corporate brands, Recyclebank is empowering individuals to make a collective impact on the environment by increasing household recycling, reducing household energy usage and taking other environmentally-preferred actions. Recognized as a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, a Champion of the Earth by the United Nations Environment Programme and for Outstanding Excellence in Public/Private Partnerships from the U.S. Conference of Mayors, Recyclebank is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit www.recyclebank.com.
Kathleen Stuart| Bateman Group for Recyclebank
(415) 503-1818| firstname.lastname@example.org