NEW YORK, April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Recyclebank®, the company that inspires and rewards smarter, everyday choices for a more sustainable future, today launched One Twine, a new online shop to discover carefully vetted products that are better for your home, your wallet and the planet. Each product featured on One Twine is reviewed through Recyclebank's Impact Lens, a selection process that examines how it's made, how it's used, and how it can be disposed. In addition to discovering socially and environmentally conscious goods, customers will also find great deals on the products they love on OneTwine.com. To get even more value, Recyclebank members can apply the points they've earned for learning how to live more sustainably and taking actions toward purchases on One Twine.
"Recyclebank's mission is, and always has been, to inspire people to live more sustainably. We started with recycling and have since added other ways for people to easily incorporate sustainability into their daily lives. It is a natural step for Recyclebank to extend that experience to the products our employees believe in, as we are doing with the launch of One Twine," said Javier Flaim, CEO of Recyclebank. "People want products that are gentle on the planet and healthy for their families, but it is easy to get lost among labels, certifications, and marketing messages. We're taking the guess work out of finding products that consider their total impact on our planet, and in the process giving people another way to incorporate sustainability into their lives."
Building on Recyclebank's expertise in sustainability, every item on One Twine has been evaluated through their Impact Lens, a list of nine criteria that consider the product's total environmental impact. To help people make more informed choices, One Twine clearly displays icons next to each product that highlight which criteria it meets, and includes insightful content related to those principles.
One Twine's Impact Lens considers the following criteria for each product:
- Renewable – Made from recycled materials or renewable resources
- Gentle Impact – Ingredients and by-products are free of harsh chemicals that may be bad for health or the environment
- Fair – Makers of this product were treated fairly
- Sustainably Made – Manufacturer has worked to minimize environmental impact
- Efficient – Product more efficiently uses resources and/or helps reduce pollution
- Promotes Sustainability – This product makes it easier and more convenient to lead a more eco-friendly life
- Reclaimable – This product itself is recyclable, reusable and/or biodegradable
- Smart Packaging – Packaging materials are minimal and/or made from recyclable, reusable or biodegradable materials
- Merchant Buy Back – This product can be re-sold or given back to the manufacturer
At launch, One Twine features more than 400 products from nearly 30 brands across household, health and beauty, children, pets, and gear and gadgets categories. Shoppers will find a mix of established brands as well as up-and-coming companies including the following brands:
- 3B Bags
- Alba Botanica
- Avalon Organics
- Babo Botanicals
- Better Life
- Born Free
- Citrus Magic
- Clean Well
- Dancing Paws
- Desert Essence
- ECO Lunchbox
- Green Toys
- If You Care
- J.R. Watkins
- Mrs. Meyers
- Nubian Heritage
- Susty Party
- Tom's Of Maine
- West Paws
Since 2004, Recyclebank has used a mix of education, rewards and impact metrics to help people live more sustainable lifestyles. Through online engagement and recycling incentive programs, the company has increased recycling rates in more than 300 communities, partnered to recycle nearly 3.8 billion pounds of waste, and helped move people toward a more sustainable future. Its 4.5 million members earn hundreds of points a year from learning how to live more sustainably and taking small actions to achieve real impact. In addition to applying those points toward a discount at checkout on One Twine, Recyclebank members can also shop on Recyclebank.com's rewards catalog for deals on products and services in categories ranging from food and beverage to health and beauty, restaurants, entertainment, sports and recreation, apparel, automotive, electronics and more.
- To download images of One Twine please visit: http://jmp.sh/lRx4Gnk
- If not already a Recyclebank member, you can easily sign-up by visiting http://www.recyclebank.com and following the quick prompts to set up an account
Recyclebank inspires and rewards smarter, everyday choices for a more sustainable future. It brings together people, businesses and communities to achieve real world impact. By participating in household recycling and learning how to live more sustainable lifestyles, more than 4.5 million people earn points that translate into real savings for community and national brands. Recyclebank's online shop, OneTwine.com, combines the company's sustainability expertise and rewards program to help people choose products that are better for their home, their wallet and the planet. A Certified B Corporation, Recyclebank is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit www.Recyclebank.com or find us @Recyclebank or facebook.com/Recyclebank.
Brandon Pantano | Recyclebank
Elissa Davis | Bateman Group for Recyclebank
(718) 355-8722| ="http://10.86.178.43:2011/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/jharse/Documents/P4TPemail@example.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">firstname.lastname@example.org