CARMEL, Ind., July 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Thought leaders from across the industry will join MISO and ARPA-E on August 18th and 19th to discuss wholesale market innovations in light of changing resource portfolio.
Experience the interactive Multimedia News Release here: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/78783241-miso-market-symposium/
The symposium will host distinguished panelists and speakers, including keynote addresses from Dr. Arnie Quinn, Director of the Office of Energy Policy and Innovation at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission; Dr. David Sun, Chief Scientist at the Clarus Group and former Chief Scientist for Network Management Solutions at Alstom Grid; John Bear, President and CEO of MISO and Richard Doying, MISO EVP of Operations and Corporate Services
A diverse set of panelists and speakers will address the long-term implications of wholesale energy markets shifting away from a carbon intensive generation-based fleet and discuss the market implications and solutions of a more distributed portfolio of resources.
- Cathy Woollums, Senior Vice President, Environmental and Chief Environmental Counsel for Berkshire Hathaway Energy
- Mark Rothleder, Vice President, Market Quality and Renewable Integration at the California Independent System Operator
- Dr. Scott Harvey, Consultant at FTI Consulting
- Paul Mitchell, President and CEO of Energy Systems Network
- Dr. Richard Tabors, Co-project Director, Utility of the Future Project at MIT and President of Tabors Caramais Rudkevich
- Dr. Michael Milligan, Principal Researcher at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Dr. Ralph Masiello, Industry Advisor at Quanta Technology
- Dr. Santiago Grijalva, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology, Director of the Advanced Computational Electricity Systems (ACES) Laboratory and Chairman of the ProsumerGrid, Inc.
- Dr. Jeff Taft, Chief Architect for Electric Grid Transformation at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Dr. Tim Heidel, Program Director at the United States of Energy's Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy
Audrey Lee, VP of Analytics and Design of Advanced Microgrid Solutions
"Our goal is to gather the latest insights to stay at the leading edge of the energy industry," said Jeff Bladen, MISO Executive Director of Market Services. "We also look to hone the research questions that will help markets innovate in conjunction with industry changes."
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/register-now-for-the-2016-miso-market-symposium-300298989.html