PRINCETON, N.J., April 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Geistlich Pharma North America, Inc. along with symposium sponsors Hu-Friedy, W&H, Biolase, Neoss, Quintessence Publishing, and Omnia, are proud to host this interactive and didactic program covering topics around peri-implantitis. This multidisciplinary approach engages all dental professionals who are interested and are responsible for the placement, maintenance, restoration and preservation of dental implants. As part of this symposium, clinicians will have the opportunity to exchange ideas and connect with global subject matter experts.
"Peri-implantitis is not a regional problem; it's a worldwide problem, so coming together [at this symposium] for hands-on training and an honest discussion about what we know and what we still need to learn is what this conference will be all about. It will stress a multidisciplinary approach with both surgeon and restorative dentists learning how collaboration on diagnosis and treatment can increase successful outcomes." – Dr. Stuart Froum, Co-organizing Chairman
This short video captures what you can learn at this upcoming event: https://youtu.be/QSo-Jni0GuE.
Learn more about this program by visiting the following website: http://www.geistlich-na.com/en-us/events/symposium/peri-implantitis-symposium/.
Advancing Awareness, Collaboration and Achievable Outcomes
General Sessions will begin on Saturday, June 10th and Sunday, June 11th and will include topics such as:
- "Prevent Peri-Implantitis and Plan for Long-Term Success", presented by Dr. Myron Nevins I USA
- "Identifying Factors Associated with Peri-Implant Bone Loss", presented by Dr. Paul Rosen I USA
- "Surgical Regenerative Therapy of Peri-Implantitis", presented by Prof. Dr. Frank Schwarz I Germany
- "Managing Peri-Implant Disease From a Laser Perspective", presented by Dr. Sam Low I USA
- "Peri-Implant Diseases: Understanding Etiology and Risk", presented by Dr. Joseph Fiorellini I USA
- "A Regenerative Algorithm for the Treatment of Peri-Implantitis", presented by Dr. Stuart Froum I USA
- "Peri-Implantitis Associated with Machined or Rough Surfaces", presented by Dr. Massimo Simion I Italy
- "Peri-Implant Disease and the Restorative Dentist", presented by Dr. Chandur Wadhwani I USA
- "Is it Possible to Restore the Complete Health Around Implants Affected from Peri-Implant Disease?", presented by Dr. Marco Ronda I Italy
- "What Role Does the Restoration of Implants Play in Peri-Implantitis?", Dr. Stephen Chu I USA
More details on the symposium can be found at http://www.geistlich-na.com/en-us/events/symposium/peri-implantitis-symposium/. We hope to see you there!
About Peri-Implantitis -
Peri-implant disease is a pathological condition around dental implants with an incident rate that varies widely based on the assessment protocol. The disease ranges from reversible mucositis lesions (reflecting a host's response to bacterial challenge) to non-reversible peri-implantitis, where significant alveolar bone has been lost.1 In the restoration of implants and in the treatment of peri-implant infections, an analogous approach to systematic periodontal therapy should be considered. Learn more about peri-implantitis by following this link, http://www.geistlich-na.com/en-us/professionals/therapeutic-area/peri-implantitis/scientific-background/.
About Geistlich Pharma North America, Inc. -
Geistlich Pharma North America continues to lead dental regeneration with its expanding family of predictable and proven biomaterials, including bone substitutes Geistlich Bio-Oss® and Geistlich Bio-Oss Collagen®, a resorbable bilayer collagen membrane, Geistlich Bio-Gide®, a soft-tissue regeneration collagen matrix, Geistlich Mucograft®, and introducing, Geistlich Mucograft® Seal, a 3D collagen matrix designed for soft-tissue regeneration around an implant or prosthetic. With over 160 years of Swiss tradition, Geistlich Biomaterials has been a trusted partner for dental regenerative solutions based upon continuous innovation, scientific collaboration, and a commitment to successful outcomes.
1 Lang NP et al., Ann Periodontol. 1997 Mar;2(1):343-356
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/register-today-multidisciplinary-treatment-solutions-for-peri-implantitis-symposium-300436714.html
SOURCE Geistlich Pharma North America, Inc.