Registration Now Open for Association of Bioscience Financial Officers (ABFO) 2013 National Conference -- San Diego San Diego Meeting to Be Held May 28-31 Will Focus on Role of Financial Executives in Creating Value in Life Science Companies
SAN DIEGO, March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Association of Bioscience Financial Officers (ABFO) today announced the opening of registration for the 2013 National Conference, which will be held May 28-31 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront.
Approximately 200 financial executives from life sciences companies are expected to attend the conference to network and discuss how they can create and capture value for their respective organizations. The conference includes keynote speakers and breakout panels all with a focus on value beyond just the areas of finance and accounting, encompassing operational excellence, business development, regulatory expertise and team building.
"Financial executives play a critical role in the operations of their organizations," said Brandi Roberts, Chief Financial Officer of ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and the 2013 National Conference Chair. "At this year's national conference, we want to take a closer look at how we can add value to our organizations. We have a stellar lineup of thought leaders from the bioscience industry to prepare us for new challenges and opportunities ahead."
ABFO will welcome numerous keynote speakers, including:
- Michael Abrashoff, former Navy Commander and author, who will talk about his leadership strategies as documented in his book "It's Your Ship"
- Dan Bradbury, former President and CEO, and Mark Foletta, former CFO, of Amylin Pharmaceuticals who will discuss exit strategies by giving a first-hand account of "The Amylin Story"
- Joe Quinlan, Managing Director and Chief Market Strategist of U.S. Trust – Bank of America who is a repeat presenter at the ABFO national conference and will present a lively overview on the state of the US economy
- Karin Eastham, director for 4 public biotechnology companies, will discuss what directors expect from CFOs today – and it's not just about the numbers!
In addition to the keynote presentations, attendees of the conference will also be able to participate in break-out sessions led by industry executives with first-hand expertise in each area, including:
- Effective Management of Clinical Trials and CROs
- Current D&O Landscape and Say on Pay
- Update on IPOs
- Lean in Biosciences
- M&A Considerations
- Treasury-Navigating Change
- Role of Orphan Drugs in Biotech/Pharma
- Accounting and SEC Update
Registration can be completed online at www.abfointernational.org/conference through May 15, 2013. The cost to attend the conference is only $1,200 and 15 hours of continuing education credits are available. For more information about the conference, contact Brandi Roberts at email@example.com.
Sponsors of the event include AON, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Brinson Patrick, Ernst & Young, Oxford Finance and Cooley LLP. The conference is also supported by Russo Partners, PR Newswire and BioCentury.
About the Association of Bioscience Financial Officers
Formed in 1989, the Association of Bioscience Financial Officers has eleven chapters that serve as forums for the exchange of information about the industry and networking. Regional chapters are based in top bioscience concentrations to allow for face-to-face meetings and discussion of hot topics of interest to bioscience financial officers. The regional chapters meet annually for the ABFO National Conference for extended networking. For more information, visit www.abfointernational.org.
SOURCE Association of Bioscience Financial Officers (ABFO)