NEW YORK, April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The Summer Fancy Food Show in New York is shaping up to be the largest in its 62-year history, with more of the latest specialty foods and beverages to discover than ever before. The show takes place Jun. 26 – 28, 2016, at Jacob Javits Center.
The sold-out exhibit halls will be filled with 180,000 of new products from across the United States, and 55 countries, including partner country Tunisia, whose pavilion is sponsored by the Tunisian Export Promotion Center (CEPEX) and Tunisian Olive Oil (PACKTEC). Italy boasts the largest international showing, followed by Spain, Turkey, France, and Greece.
Registration is now open at fancyfoodshows.com.
Show highlights include:
- Shelf Showdown: A Specialty Food Pitch Competition, where first-time exhibitors pitch a new product to a panel of buyers for a chance to win a promotional package from the Specialty Food Association.
- Opening night party: Thousands of attendees and exhibitors will gather for great food and drinks while celebrating the 2016 sofi Awards.
- The sofi™ Awards Showcase, featuring finalists and winners of the sofi™ Awards, the Oscars of the specialty food world that honor the best in culinary creativity.
- State Pavilions from New York, Massachusetts, Virginia, and more.
- New Brands on the Shelf pavilion with more than 30 new niche and artisanal foods from amazing up-and-coming producers.
- Incubator Alley Row with rising specialty food stars first emerging into the market.
- What's New, What's Hot showcases with hundreds of on-trend products.
- Lifetime Achievement Awards celebrating specialty food pioneers who have grown and nurtured the industry.
- Powerful seminars by top industry thought leaders who will educate and inspire.
- Major food donation at show's end to City Harvest.
The Fancy Food Show is a trade-only event. The Specialty Food Association provides complimentary press badges to qualified media. Learn more and register.
About the Specialty Food Association
The Specialty Food Association is a thriving community of food artisans, importers and entrepreneurs. Established in 1952 in New York, the not-for-profit trade association provides its 3,300+ members in the U.S. and abroad with resources, knowledge and connections to champion and nurture their companies in an always-evolving marketplace. The Association owns and produces the Winter and Summer Fancy Food Shows, and presents the sofi™ Awards honoring excellence in specialty food. Learn more at specialtyfood.com.
Event Hashtag: #SFFS16
LinkedIn: Specialty Food. Craft. Care. Joy.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/registration-open-for-summer-fancy-food-show-300251242.html
SOURCE Specialty Food Association