SAN FRANCISCO, June 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- XTC 2017 Finals - Necker Island, British Virgin Islands - Compassing all four corners of the globe at each key phase of the contest, the world's most innovative startup competition Extreme Tech Challenge (XTC) wrapped its 2017 season on Sir Richard Branson's Necker Island, where the finals were held earlier this year. Capturing the spirit of the competition in retrospect, XTC has unveiled the dynamic XTC 2017 Recap Video which offers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into the incredible adventure that awaits those entrepreneurial spirits who enter the intrepid contest.
Set on the pristine coastline of Necker Island, the final round of XTC invited an influential network of titans from the world of technology, featuring a judging panel comprised of venture capitalist, founder and CEO of Breyer Capital, Jim Breyer; Veteran software entrepreneur and founder of C3 loT, Tom Siebel; Managing Partner of Aspect Ventures, Theresia Gouw; CTO for the Hillary for America campaign, Steph Hannon; and COO of the iTutor Group Jerry Huang. This exclusive panel of CEOs, COOs, and CTOs was spearheaded by none other than the English business magnate, investor and philanthropist: Sir Richard Branson.
In addition to showcasing an unrivaled location and boundless recreational activities, the video gives future applicants insight into the mindset of the XTC Judging Panel by showing scenes from each of the finalists' presentations as well as the discussions that followed as the panel of judges weighed pros and cons from each presentation.
"As I judge this competition, I'll be looking for companies with very strong human capital, addressing large unserved market opportunities in a very creative way with a clear vision to establish and maintain market leadership" - Tom Siebel, Founder and CEO of C3loT and XTC Judge.
Bringing together thousands of world-class entrepreneurs to showcase their cutting-edge innovations, Extreme Tech Challenge is tackling some of the world's largest issues with incredible ideas and advanced solutions. Last year's finalists included: hemostatic solution innovators Cresilon (New York, NY) and filament recycling startup ReDeTec (Toronto, CAN). Winners of the 2017 competition were none other than hi-tech aerial camera specialists VantageRobotics (San Francisco, CA). The winning enterprise is better known as "Snap" - the world's first fully portable, safe, and incredibly easy-to-use 4K flying camera.
"I think the win here is obviously in the public recognition. It opens a number of doors to investments and to partners. Running a business is ultimately all about the people." - Tobin Fisher, Vantage Robotics.
Applications for the Extreme Tech Challenge 2018 are open now -- Submit your application here until August 15th, 2017 for the opportunity of a lifetime!
XTC is designed to provide winners with valuable infrastructure to scale at low incremental cost, and exposure to a network of world class advisors to help them turn their venture into a successful business.
XTC 2018 Timeline
- Online Submission Deadline - August 15th, 2017: All applications will be reviewed by a top-notch panel of judges consisting of high profile VCs, successful entrepreneurs and highly qualified advisors.
- Stage I - October 11, 2017 - Top 25 Unveiling: A rigorous judging process from the get-go, the pool of applicants is narrowed down to the Top 25 startups, unveiled at CES Innovate and Celebrate in San Francisco.
- Stage II - November 10, 2017 - Top 10 Announcement at CES Unveiled NYC: Two months ahead of CES 2017 only 10 Semi-Finalists will be selected from the Top 25 XTC challengers. In addition to unveiling the Semi-Finalists, the annual event showcases the future of tech before the new year.
- Stage III - January 11, 2018 - XTC Semi-Finals at CES: Extreme Tech Challenge returns to CES Las Vegas for the semi-finals in 2018. This stage of the contest will see the chosen Top 10 pitch their tech live on-stage in hope of being one of three companies selected to move onto Necker Island.
- Stage IV - February 2018 - XTC Finals on Necker Island: Top 3 Finalists present to a panel of all-star judges, spearheaded by Branson.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/relive-the-worlds-swiftest-tech-competition---xtc-2017-finals-recap-video-unveiled-300474424.html
SOURCE Extreme Tech Challenge