Renaissance Hotels Kicks Off A Summer of Discovery With Third Annual Global Day of Discovery Exclusive events demonstrate how business travel inspires enriching experiences
BETHESDA, Md., June 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Renaissance Hotels (www.renhotels.com), a hotel brand known for inspiring its guests to Live Life to Discover®, will host its third annual Global Day of Discovery on June 26th at more than 150 of its hotels around the world. On this day, nearly every Renaissance Hotel will celebrate by offering both hotel guests and the local community the opportunity to get out and discover something new by hosting exclusive musical, culinary, art or culturally focused events and unique local excursions designed by hotel NAVIGATORS to showcase the unique stories of each destination. For a complete list of events, visit www.renhotels.com/events.
The Day of Discovery celebration officially kicks off Renaissance Hotels' Summer of Discovery calendar, a summer-long program of exclusive events at all 157 hotels around the world designed to help travelers experience the best discoveries of the season. Now, it's easier than ever for travelers and locals to plan their calendar by visiting Renaissance Hotels' dedicated events website at www.renhotels.com/events. Renaissance Hotels' robust line-up of ongoing and Sumer of Discovery events will be updated in real time as new experiences are unveiled by each hotel.
"We make a promise to our hotel guests that every time they step into a Renaissance Hotel they are inspired to discover and experience something new and meaningful," said Toni Stoeckl, Vice President for Renaissance Hotels. "Celebrating our Global Day of Discovery is just one way that we encourage guests to Live Life to Discover by inspiring travelers and locals to make the most of their time in a destination by visiting a new local art gallery or listening to an emerging musician perform in one of our hotel lobbies."
A sampling of events taking place around the world on June 26th includes:
- World famous DJ Cassidy will spin live to celebrate the opening of the new Renaissance Denver Downtown City Center Hotel located in the landmark Colorado National Bank Building.
- Passion Pit will help commemorate the opening of the new Renaissance Santiago Hotel with an exclusive DJ Set. The special opening event will also feature a photography exhibit and silent auction with proceeds benefitting the rebuilding of Valparaiso in light of the tragic fires that plagued the city earlier this year.
- Emerging indie rock band Walk the Moon will preview songs from their upcoming album with a live performance at the Renaissance Atlanta Midtown Hotel.
- Norwegian Grammy winner Thomas Dybdahl will perform some of his hit songs, first at Renaissance Paris Le Parc Trocadero Hotel in the hotel's outdoor garden, followed by a performance at the Renaissance Paris Arc de Triomphe Hotel in the chic Makassar Bar & Lounge.
- Join the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel to explore Port City, a local micro-brewery, followed by a water taxi ride to the Washington DC area's newest attraction, the Capital Ferris Wheel.
- On the eve of Glastonbury and to kick start the British music festival season, the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel in London is providing guests the opportunity to discover this summer's hottest new band, Hudson Taylor.
- Fashion enthusiasts in New York City will enjoy an Elie Tahari trunk show in celebration of the designer's 40th anniversary in fashion on Renaissance Hotel 57's rooftop terrace.
- Renaissance Nashville Hotel kicks off the "Hero Behind the Hits" series with a performance and discussion with award winning songwriter, Gordon Kennedy, who has penned hits for the likes of Eric Clapton, Carrie Underwood and Faith Hill.
- Depart the Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel to discover the history of the Big Easy during a cocktail walking tour to experience some of the French Quarter's most famous bars and restaurants, followed by a performance from local jazz artist Kristin Diable and The City at the Renaissance Pere Marquette Hotel.
- Guests of Renaissance Tuscany Il Ciocco Resort & Spa will visit the Walled City of Lucca, one of the world's most magnificent and intact Renaissance-era city walls.
- The Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel will explore the hidden gems of Old Cairo by inviting guests to discover the charm of the Citadel, a medieval Islamic fort near the center of Cairo, famous for its grand views of the city.
- Curacao's best local fashion designers and musicians will come together to showcase their talents at the Island Music and Fashion Festival at the Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino.
- The Renaissance Esmeralda Resort & Spa will feature Chicago based Artist Patrick Skoff, best known for "The Art Hunt," where selected works are hidden around the city for guests to discover via social media clues.
- The Renaissance Sao Palo Hotel will unveil never before seen work of famed local graffiti artist Conrado Zanotto set to live music in the hotel's lobby lounge.
- Guests are invited to the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel's premier Stargazing Event, a guided exploration of the cosmic ceiling with members of the Amateur Astronomers Association of Pittsburgh (AAAP) on the hotel's rooftop.
- As soccer (or football) takes the summer stage, join the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel to participate in a mini competition during an outside BBQ with live music and live viewing of soccer games to compete for fabulous prizes.
- The Renaissance Shanghai Caohejing Hotel will provide insider access to the Shanghai Museum of Glass where guests can experience the magical, colorful, sparkling and crystal-clear world of glass featuring interactive and live demonstrations.
Share Your Discovery!
Additional social media elements designed to engage guests and offer unexpected surprises will take place throughout the summer and to kick this off, from June 12-27th, Renaissance Hotels is running a competition encouraging fans to share their best business travel stories. Entrants will be asked to share a photo with caption on Twitter and Instagram, tagging @RenHotels and using the hashtag #businessbrag. Two winners will be eligible to win. The first will win a trip to the Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel to experience an exclusive music performance by Lucy Rose. The second will win a year of tickets to AEG concert venues, and a stay at a U.S. Renaissance Hotel of choice. Winners will be announced on June 30th via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Visit www.renhotels.com/businessbrag for more information
Renaissance Hotels is a lifestyle brand within Marriott International's global portfolio of 18 brands. With its proud motto of "Live Life to Discover," Renaissance Hotels offers today's lifestyle business traveler a unique guest experience woven through design, service and unique programming. Check out the full line up of Renaissance Hotels events planned throughout the year at all hotels including local art, culinary, film and more by visiting renhotels.com/events or www.facebook.com/renhotels.
ABOUT RENAISSANCE HOTELS
Renaissance Hotels encourages guests to Live Life to Discover(SM) at 157 hotels in 35 countries around the world. Each hotel is unique and every stay offers an opportunity to explore local discoveries exclusive to the destination. At every hotel, Renaissance Navigators are local experts ready to assist guests in discovering local flavors and activities. Renaissance entertainment events are designed to showcase emerging talent in music, the arts, culinary and more to inspire discovery. R.E.N. Meetings offers groups an experience beyond a traditional meeting rooted in creative sensory meeting design, networking events and custom curated local Navigator excursions. At Renaissance Hotels, we work to ensure that every trip is transformed into an eye-opening, unforgettable journey. You spend your life working; you should discover the world as you go. To discover more visit www.renhotels.com. Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RenHotels. Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/RenHotels. Explore with us on www.Instagram.com/RenHotels
Visit Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) for company information. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com.
SOURCE Renaissance Hotels