Battery, motor and ECU are the three core components of new energy vehicle. EV drive control is one of core technologies for EV. Design of motor controller and development of control algorithm are critical factors determining performance of the whole drive system.
Motor controller prices vary greatly depending on specification and performance, generally RMB30,000-50,000 for large bus and RMB5,000-15,000 for passenger vehicle. PHEV and HEV usually adopt multi-motor architecture, including TM motor and ISG motor, thus resulting in higher costs of motor controller.
Furthermore, the evolution of EV e-drive system to wheel-side motor or wheel hub motor will also increase the cost of motor controller and complicate control strategy.
In such case, China's demand for EV motor controller was 380,000 sets, generating a market size of around RMB6.3 billion (currently concentrated in commercial vehicle field) and, driven by new energy vehicle and conventional hybrid vehicle, estimated to swell to RMB29 billion in 2020 when passenger vehicle will prevail.
In particular, as hybrid vehicles are expected to be mass-produced on a large scale, either Corun Hybrid System Technology (CHS) co-funded by Geely and Hunan Corun New Energy or localization of Toyota THS will expand the market of homegrown motor controller in China.
Currently, the Chinese EV motor controller market is dominated by domestic brands, compared to fractional share of foreign products at the stage of market fostering and early development due to higher prices and other reasons.
BYD became the largest vendor in the Chinese electric passenger vehicle motor controller market with a share of 28.6% by shipment in 2015. The company purchases IGBT modules to assemble motor controllers which are supplied to its own passenger vehicle production bases. Other players with higher market share are Zhongshan Broad Ocean Motor (including Shanghai E-drive), Zhuhai Enpower Electric, Shenzhen Inovance Technology, and UAES.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Overview of Motor Controller
2 Industrial Chain
3 EV Motor Controller Market
4 Chinese EV Motor Controller Enterprises
5 IGBT Suppliers
6 Inverter Manufacturers
- Beijing Siemens Automotive E-Drive System Co., Ltd.
- Chroma ATE Inc.
- DEC Dongfeng Electric Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Delta Electronics
- Fuji Electric
- Fujian Fugong Power Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hitachi Automotive Systems
- Hunan CRRC Times Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd.
- Hyundai Mobis
- JEE Automation Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Jing-Jin Electric Technologies (Beijing) Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Nidec (Beijing) Drive Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Prestolite E-Propulsion Systems (Beijing) Limited
- Shandong Deyang Electronics Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Dajun Technologies, Inc.
- Shanghai E-drive Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Inovance Technology Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen V&T Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Tianjin Santroll Electric Automobile Technology Co., Ltd.
- Time High-Tech Co., Ltd.
- United Automotive Electronic Systems Co., Ltd. (UAES)
- Zhongshan Broad-Ocean Motor Co., Ltd.
- Zhuhai Enpower Electric Co., Ltd.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/w78qnf/china_ev
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---china-ev-electric-vehicle-motor-controller-industry-report-2016-2020---key-players-are-byd--zhongshan-broad-ocean-motor-zhuhai-enpower-electric-shenzhen-inovance-technology-and-uaes-300309871.html
SOURCE Research and Markets