DUBLIN, August 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Batteries for Residential, Commercial, Industrial and Utility Applications 2016-2026" report to their offering.
A number of market forces drive the growth of battery storage system market rapidly. On one hand, battery-related companies such as material providers, battery makers, electric vehicle vendors, PV system integrator and heavy industry players are expanding their business area and building cross-industry opportunities to de-risk their primary business and generating secondary value streams.
The ever-increasing demand helps with further economy of scale for battery manufacturing and results in drastic price reduction. On the other hand, the large deployment of distributed generation in behind-the-meter (BTM) sector and increasing renewable generations such as wind and solar in the grid-connected sector are requiring energy storage to be fit as part of whole system.
It is interesting to find it is the general trend that the PV compensation scheme like feed-in-tariff is reducing by various countries globally, which may have a big impact in the further PV deployment. However, at the same time, favorable policies are addressing the importance of energy storage, including financial loans, subsidies, and incentive programs. The interest in energy storage will stimulate further deployment of renewable energy.
Those factors have provided the foundation for the hype brought by energy storage, especially electrochemical battery energy storage systems (BESS). With the launch of Tesla's Powerwall on April 30, 2015, tremendous interests have been attracted and a large number of players as well as products are overwhelming the market.
BESS, with the capabilities to provide high energy, high power and both, have become an important consideration in grid-connected applications such generation, transmission & distribution networks and ancillary services. Increasing pilot and trial projects are on-going.
- Where can energy storage be fit in the electricity system?
- What are the battery energy storage benefits/values?
- What are the number of projects and rated power in grid-connected energy storage and battery storage, segmented by project status, technology, company and country?
- How does the costs influence the deployment of battery storage systems?
- How does the cross industry expand the battery-related business scope?
- What are the market drivers?
- Are the battery energy storage systems economic/commercial in corresponding applications?
- What is the market status in various countries worldwide?
- 24m Technologies
- A123 Systems
- AES Energy Storage
- Advanced Microgrid Solutions
- Aquion Energy
- Imergy Power Systems
- Kokam Co., Ltd
- Tesla Motors
- Younicos AG
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2. PART I WHAT IS EMERGING AND WHAT IS HAPPENING?
3. PART II ANALYSIS ON ECONOMIC VALUES OF BATTERY STORAGE SYSTEMS
4. PART III ANALYSIS OF THE GLOBAL MARKETS
5. PART IV GO-TO-MARKET STRATEGIES
6. PART V ENERGY STORAGE TECHNOLOGIES
7. PART VI BATTERY TECHNOLOGIES
8. PART VII COMPANY PROFILES
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vrqknm/batteries_for
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---global-batteries-for-residential-commercial-industrial--utility-applications-market-report-2016-2026---analysis-technologies--forecasts---key-vendors-byd-tesla-aquion-energy-300309834.html
SOURCE Research and Markets