DUBLIN, July 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "IoT Chip Market by Component MCU, FPGA, Memory, Sensor, Connectivity Technology, Vertical & Geography - Global Forecast to 2022" report to their offering.
The global IoT chip market is forecast to reach a value of USD 10.78 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 11.5% during the 2016-2022 period.
Countries such as China, India, and Japan are aggressively taking initiatives such as heavy investments in R&D to encourage the adoption of Internet of Things in the region, which is expected to boost the demand for IoT chip in the near future. The APAC market comprises developing economies such as China and India-which have a huge potential for the applications of Internet of Things-and Japan, which is home to many large companies such as Fujitsu Ltd. and Toyota Motor Corporation. These emerging markets are driving the growth of the IoT chip market in APAC.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of profile of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 55 %, Tier 2 - 20% and Tier 3 - 25%
- By Designation: C-level - 60%, Director Level - 25%, Others - 15%
- By Region: North America - 10%, Europe - 20%, APAC - 40%, RoW - 30%
Governments across the globe are supporting and funding research and development in Internet of Things to boost their productivity. The investment of governments in future technologies provides huge opportunities for the semiconductor companies, thus driving the IoT chip market.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the IoT chip market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market size and that of the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.
- ARM Holdings PLC.
- Atmel Corporation
- Freescale Semiconductor Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Mediatek Inc.
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors
- Qualcomm Incorporated
- Renesas Electronic Corporation
- Stmicroelectronics N.V.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
2 Research Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4 Premium Insights
5 Market Overview
6 Industry Trends
7 IoT Chip Market, By Application Vertical
8 IoT Chip Market, By Geography
9 Competitive Landscape
10 Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/skvtph/iot_chip_market
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---global-iot-chip-market-value-of-usd-1078-billion-by-2022---trends-technologies--opportunities-report-2016-2022---key-vendors-mediatek-nxp-semiconductors-stmicroelectronics-qualcomm-300302259.html
SOURCE Research and Markets