The global mobile wallet market reached $46.8 billion in 2014. The market is expected to reach $635.0 billion by 2020 from $113.5 billion in 2015, increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 41.1% from 2015 to 2020.
The market is segmented on the basis of technologies: mobile commerce-mobile payment solutions (mobile shopping, bill payments, entertainment and events and hotels), contactless near-field communication (NFC); mobile coupon; money transfer; mobile micropayment; mobile ticketing-rail, metro and bus tickets; airline tickets and boarding passes; passenger check-in; baggage check-in; and micropayments. This report will also outline in detail the following product segmentations: NFC chips, NFC tags, NFC readers, NFC micro secure digital (SD) cards and NFC SIM or universal integrated circuit cards (UICCs).
The scope of the mobile wallet market will exclude online payments, payments through debit or credit cards (electronic fund transfers at the point of sales) and online trading. The mobile wallet includes only the payments made through exclusive service providers through a personalized mobile wallet account.
Each mode of payment is analyzed in terms of current global market size; forecast for 2014 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2015 through 2020; and the region sizing and forecasting for North America, EMEA, Asia-Pacific and ROW. In addition to the data, the report provides insight on market demand drivers and supplier strategies. Key players are also profiled as well as the mobile wallet value chain.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global mobile wallet market and related payment technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Examination of supporting equipment and technologies, including RFID, smartphones, and 4G technology.
- Discussion of payment framework and challenges, and legislation and regulatory framework for devices and technologies.
- Delineation of technologies, such as mobile commerce, mobile payments (taxis, hotels, phone bills and others, and entertainment events), premium messages, mobile Web payments, near-field communication (NFC), cloud computing, and social media.
- Comprehensive company profiles of major players.
Key Topics Covered:
4: Mobile Wallet Technologies
5: Mobile Wallet Market By Application
6: Mobile Wallet Market By Mode Of Payment
7: Mobile Wallet Market By Region
8: Market By Stakeholders
9: Market Strategies
10: Company Profiles
11: Patent Evaluation
12: List Of Acronyms
- Alphabet Inc.
- American Express
- Apple Inc.
- At&T Inc.
- Bharti Airtel Limited
- Blackberry Limited
- Citigroup Inc.
- Deutsche Telekom AG
- Fidelity National Information Services Inc.
- First Data Corp.
- Idea Cellular Ltd.
- Paypal Holdings Inc.
- Paytm Mobile Solutions Private Limited
- Precash Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Sprint Corp.
- Vesta Corp.
- Verizon Communications Inc.
- Visa Inc.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dg5mcn/mobile_wallet_and
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---global-mobile-wallet-and-payment-technologies-markets-report-2016-2020---market-is-expected-to-reach-6350-billion-by-2020-300298099.html
SOURCE Research and Markets