DUBLIN, Apr. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "U.S. Diatomite Market Estimates & Trend Analysis By Application (Absorbents, Aggregates, Fillers, Filtration), By End-Use (Food & Beverage Processing, Paints & Coatings, Plastic Manufacturing, Medical), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The U.S. diatomite market is expected to reach USD 954.5 million by 2025
The demand for the mineral is expected to witness substantial growth owing to the increasing use of diatomite as a filter aid in food & beverage processing and as a functional additive in the medical industry.
The product is used in several end-use industries including construction and food & beverage processing owing to its diversified properties such as high porosity and content of silica. The growing awareness among consumers with respect to the enhanced filtration properties associated with the use of the mineral in beer processing application is expected to be a contributing factor for growth.
In 2015, four companies produced diatomite in eleven mines located mostly in the western U.S. Imerys, and EP Minerals, LLC are the two major players in the industry with Imerys accounting for the major share. Imerys is the largest player in the industry with over 50% of the overall share owing to its production in the U.S. In addition, the company is an end-user of diatomite as it manufactures paints and fertilizers where the product is used as a functional additive.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The demand for diatomite is growing in construction owing to the lightweight of the mineral which aids in the transportation of the concrete. In addition, the contractors' preference for minerals as an additive in concrete as it increases the durability and stability of the structure is expected to augment market growth.
- The product is utilized as a functional additive in paints and coatings to breakdown its reflective properties. In addition, it is used as filler in plastic bags to ease the separation process. As a result, the growing demand for plastic bags in retail stores and growing paints & coatings industry in the U.S. is expected to drive growth.
- The demand for diatomite in food & beverage processing is expected to witness significant growth owing to the enhanced filtration properties offered by the mineral in providing a clean taste to the beverages is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
- Increasing utilization of diatomite in beer processing coupled with rising number of craft beer breweries is expected the demand for the mineral in the U.S. In addition, the use of the mineral in paints & coatings to break down the reflecting properties is expected to have a positive impact growth.
- Key players in the industry include Imerys, EP Minerals, LLC, Dicalite/Dicaperl Minerals, Inc. and Absorbent Products Limited. EP Minerals is the most active player with respect to the CSR activities and service to the society.
- Imerys is the biggest player in the market accounting over 50% of the overall share. The company has acquired some of the leading players in the market to expand its product portfolio including Celite Corp. and World Minerals Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Methodology And Scope
2 Executive Summary
3 U.S. Diatomite Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market segmentation& scope
3.2 U.S. Diatomite - Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Market Dynamics
3.3.1 Market Driver Analysis
18.104.22.168 Increasing demand for diatomite products in food & beverage processing and paints & coating application
3.3.2 Market Restraint Analysis
22.214.171.124 Availability of substitutes
3.4 Penetration & growth prospect mapping
3.5 Regulatory Framework
3.6 U.S. Diatomite Market - PESTEL Analysis
3.7 Industry Analysis - Porter's
4. U.S. Diatomite Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1. U.S. diatomite market: Application movement analysis
5. U.S. Diatomite Market: End-Use Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1. U.S. diatomite market: End-use movement analysis
5.2. Food & beverage processing
5.3. Paints & coatings
5.4. Plastic manufacturing
6. Floating Solar Panels Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1. Regional Movement Analysis & Market Share, 2015 & 2025
6.2. U.S. Movement Analysis & Market Share, 2015 & 2025
7 Company Profiles
7.1 Dicalite Minerals Corp.
7.2 EP Minerals, LLC
7.4 Absorbent Products Ltd.
8 Competitive Landscape
8.1 Heat Map Analysis
8.2 Competitive Environment
8.3 Competitive Market Positioning
8.4 Target end-market, by manufacturers, 2015
8.5 Product pricing and profit margins, by manufacturers, 2015
8.6 Company Market Share, by production, 2015 (%)
8.7 Volume sales, by manufacturer, 2014 - 2015 (Tons)
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h3gsft/u_s_diatomite
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---united-states-diatomite-market-estimates--trend-analysis-2014-2017--2025-imerys-is-the-biggest-player-accounting-for-over-50-of-the-9545-million-market-300441191.html
SOURCE Research and Markets