ResMed's New Ultra-lightweight Quattro™ Air Offers a Higher Level of Comfort and Convenience Pursuit of Simplicity Yields Mask to Encourage Compliance
BALTIMORE, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- (SLEEP 2013 BOOTH #900) -- ResMed, an innovator and pioneer in developing products for the treatment of sleep-disordered breathing and respiratory conditions, today announced the launch of the Quattro Air full face mask. This ground-breaking new mask for use with positive airway pressure therapy will begin shipping on June 7. ResMed made the announcement at SLEEP 2013, the annual meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies, held here this week.
"ResMed invested more than $100 million in research and development last year and it's evidenced by the innovation in our products that always put the patient first," said Jon Yerbury, ResMed's vice president, sleep-disordered breathing.
Quattro Air Full Face Mask – Lightest Full Face Mask on the Market
The Quattro Air mask is the lightest full face mask on the market, weighing in at just 3.3 ounces, making it 45 percent lighter than its predecessor and current #1 seller in the U.S., the Mirage Quattro™ mask. The Quattro Air is built for comfort and convenience, with only four pieces to disassemble for cleaning and maintenance.
The Quattro Air mask includes a host of features that have made ResMed's full face masks the market leader:
- Enhanced dual-wall Spring Air™ cushion, delivering superior comfort at the nasal bridge area and proprietary scalloped cut-out at the chin for a high-performance seal
- Flex-wing forehead support for easy adjustments and stability, eliminating the need for forehead pads
- SoftEdge™ headgear design, which is a rolled-edge fabric that improves comfort and reduces facial marks, available in two colors
- Circular diffuse vent that gently directs air away from the patient and bed partner
- One-piece elbow, swivel and anti-asphyxia valve with squeeze-tabs to make attaching and detaching the mask from the tube quick and easy
Because fit and comfort are critical to therapy compliance, the Quattro Air comes in three sizes for women with ResMed's For Her pink headgear, and three sizes for men. Like all ResMed masks, the Quattro Air is ultra-soft and latex-free.
"For some patients, a full face mask is their only option, but the size and weight of the mask can be intimidating," said Yerbury. "ResMed's Quattro Air mask is proof that a patient can have the benefit of therapy with a full face mask without the burden of a heavy, bulky mask."
ResMed is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and marketing of medical products for the diagnosis, treatment and management of respiratory disorders, with a focus on sleep-disordered breathing. The company is dedicated to developing innovative products to improve the lives of those who suffer from these conditions and to increasing awareness among patients and healthcare professionals of the potentially serious health consequences of untreated sleep-disordered breathing.
SOURCE ResMed Inc.