Resolution Number One - Healthy Savings!
Save Big and Eat Right with the ALDI Fit & Active Line
BATAVIA, Ill., Jan. 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- New Year's resolutions come and go, so start 2012 with easy and realistic habits that are smart for your health and wallet. Leading discount grocer ALDI offers shoppers a wide variety of health- and budget-conscious products under its exclusive Fit & Active line to make it easy and affordable to stay on track this year.
"Our Fit & Active line includes products that are lower in fat, lower in calories or with reduced sodium," said Chuck Youngstrom, president, ALDI. "And with up to 50% savings over national brands, these products help ALDI customers make smart choices not just for the New Year, but every day."
With more than 50 everyday Fit & Active products, the line consists of a large range of diverse and delicious foods and beverages including:
- Fit & Active® Smoked & Cured Turkey Bacon – There's only one way to improve the enticing aroma and flavor of smoked and cured bacon—make it with 65 percent less fat and no trans fat when compared to regular pork bacon.
- Fit & Active® Strawberry Nonfat Yogurt – Bits of real strawberry are swirled into creamy yogurt for a fruity, sweet and satisfying treat, at just 100 calories and zero grams of fat.
- Fit & Active® Light String Cheese – With only 2.5 grams of fat and 25 percent fewer calories than regular string cheese, it's the perfect addition to lunch or snacks on the go.
- Fit & Active® 51% Whole Grain Spaghetti – Whole grain gives it bountiful bite, with no cholesterol or preservatives.
- Fit & Active® Original Organic Soymilk – Certified USDA organic and a good source of 10 vitamins, minerals and protein, as well as lactose-, gluten-, and cholesterol-free at only 90 calories per serving.
- Fit & Active® Egg Substitute – 99 percent real egg product, cholesterol- and fat-free with zero grams of trans fat, along with 6 grams of protein and only 30 calories per serving.
The Fit & Active line includes green tabs on the front of each package called "Fit Facts," which highlight the amount of calories, fat, sugar and sodium contained in each serving of food. "Fit Facts" offer a quick and easy way for consumers to make smart choices, manage what they eat and balance their diets accordingly.
ALDI also recently partnered with the USDA MyPlate program to educate shoppers about how to build a healthy plate. Products like those found in the Fit & Active line and features such as "Fit Facts" support MyPlate education efforts on portion control.
The USDA recommends that consumers opt for store brands when possible in order to get the same or similar products for a lower price.* Shoppers can "Switch & Save" from national brands to high-quality ALDI exclusive brands, including the Fit & Active line, and save up to 50 percent. Customers can fulfill the majority of their grocery shopping needs at ALDI, where they'll find more than 1,400 of the most frequently purchased grocery items sold under ALDI exclusive brands. ALDI carries fresh, in-season fruits and vegetables and also offers fresh, high-quality USDA-inspected lean meats and reduced-fat dairy products at significant savings.
ALDI stands behind the quality of its private label products with a Double Guarantee. If for any reason a customer is not 100 percent satisfied with a product, ALDI will gladly replace the product AND refund the customer's money. Visit aldi.us to download recipes, healthy eating tips and more information about the Fit & Active line.
About ALDI Inc.
A leader in the grocery retailing industry since 1976, ALDI is committed to bringing customers the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices. The company's exclusive brands meet or beat the national name brands on taste and quality. With more than 1,100 U.S. stores located in 31 states, primarily from Kansas to the East Coast, ALDI continues to expand, most recently in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and South Florida. ALDI applies smart and efficient operational and business practices to save more than 20 million monthly customers up to 50 percent on their grocery bills. ALDI sells more than 1,400 of the most frequently purchased grocery and household items in a simple and easy-to-navigate shopping environment. For more information about ALDI, visit www.aldi.us.
SOURCE ALDI Inc.
More by this Source
ALDI Reveals 2014 Fan Favorite Foods
Mar 12, 2014, 08:00 ET
ALDI Honored with Retailer of the Year and Product of the Year Wins
Feb 12, 2014, 08:00 ET
ALDI Teams Up with Registered Dietitians to Simplify Healthy Living for Shoppers
Jan 14, 2014, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.