Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS), also known as Willis-Ekbom Disorder, is a sensimotor sleep disorder. Clinically, RLS is characterized by disagreeable leg sensations occurring most often at sleep onset that provoke an irresistible urge to move legs. Patients with RLS typically complain of itching, creeping and tingling in their legs, usually between the ankle and the knee. The unpleasant sensations occur when the individual is at rest and are more pronounced in the evening or at night. The unpleasant sensations are relieved temporarily with leg movements.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Restless Legs Syndrome across 13 Major Markets (USA, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, Republic of Korea, India, China and Japan) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. Along with the current prevalence, the report also contains a disease overview of the risk factors, disease diagnosis and prognosis along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities for Restless Legs Syndrome include:
- Periodic Limb Movements
- Panic Disorder
Why Buy This Report?
- Able to quantify patient populations in global Restless Legs Syndrome's market to target the development of future products, pricing strategies and launch plans.
- Gain further insight into the prevalence of the subdivided types of Restless Legs Syndrome and identify patient segments with high potential.
- Delivery of more accurate information for clinical trials in study sizing and realistic patient recruitment for various countries.
- Provide a level of understanding on the impact from specific co-morbid conditions on Restless Legs Syndrome's prevalent population.
- Identify sub-populations within Restless Legs Syndrome which require treatment.
- Gain an understanding of the specific markets that have the largest number of Restless Legs Syndrome patients.
Key Topics Covered:
1. List of tables and figures
3. Cause of the disease
4. Risk factors & prevention
5. Diagnosis of the disease
6. Variation by geography/ethnicity
7. Disease prognosis & clinical course
8. Key comorbid conditions / features associated with the disease
9. Methodology for quantification of patient numbers
10. Top-line prevalence for restless legs syndrome
11. Features of restless legs syndrome
12. Conditions associated with restless legs syndrome
13. Abbreviations used in the report
14. Patient-based offering
15. Online pricing data & platforms
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5zdzbb/restless_leg
Related Topics: Pharmaceuticals
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/restless-leg-syndrome-forecast-in-13-major-markets-2016-2026---risk-factors--prevention---research-and-markets-300320050.html
SOURCE Research and Markets