Results of 25th Annual InformationWeek 500 Honoring Nation's Most Innovative Users of Business Technology Announced
Research finds companies driving measurable results from mobile apps, big data analytics and e-commerce
SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's InformationWeek released its annual InformationWeek 500 honoring the most innovative U.S.-based users of business technology. The rankings and research results were announced on its website: www.informationweek.com/500.
The top ten companies in the 2013 rankings are:
- Gap Inc.
- Penske Truck Leasing Co. LP
- Miami Children's Hospital
- John Deere
- Intermountain Healthcare
- E. & J. Gallo Winery
- Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia (USG)
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
"For 25 years, the InformationWeek 500 has honored the most innovative users of business technology," said InformationWeek VP and Editor In Chief Rob Preston. "Among this year's top companies, we're seeing a tremendous amount of innovation around data analytics, mobile computing and Web commerce in particular. InformationWeek 500 companies not only are embracing new technologies and technology approaches, but also new IT-powered business models, to drive revenue and profitability. Their results speak for themselves."
Research findings show technology executives are balancing their initiatives between cutting costs and driving revenue growth. They're also taking a practical approach of when to use hot technologies such as cloud, big data analytics, social and mobile apps. For example:
- 49% say making operations more efficient is among their top three technology goals this year, but right behind that cost-cutting focus is the goal of introducing an IT-led product for customers, at 44%.
- 66% use public social networks for customer interaction, but only one-third have widely deployed sentiment analytics to track comments made about their company on social media.
- 50% cite deploying business intelligence or data analytics tools among their three best productivity boosters in the past year, but only 29% give dashboards to more than half of employees.
- 47% give employees access to corporate data and apps beyond email via personal devices, but just 30% have widely deployed mobile apps for employees.
- 59% use storage, compute or other cloud infrastructure, but a mere 12% can switch between public clouds and in-house data centers, though another 18% are testing that capability.
Companies aren't afraid to spend on technology — 60% of companies expect this year's IT spending to exceed last year's, and just 12% expect less spending. "But even with hot technologies such as big data analytics and mobile apps, we're seeing IT leaders carefully choosing technologies that can deliver a competitive edge," said Chris Murphy, InformationWeek Editor.
To download the 2013 InformationWeek 500 research report, including exclusive profiles, research, and the full list of winners, please visit www.informationweek.com/500.
About UBM Tech
UBM Tech is a global media business that brings together the world's technology industry through live events and online properties. Its community-focused media and events provide expertly curated content along with user-generated content and peer-to-peer engagement opportunities through its proprietary, award-winning DeusM community platform. UBM Tech's brands include EE Times, Interop, Black Hat, InformationWeek, Game Developer Conference, CRN, and DesignCon. The company's products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of UBM (UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than $2.5 billion.
For more information:
VP of Marketing, IT Media & Partner Solutions
SOURCE UBM Tech
More by this Source
ARM TechCon Call for Papers Now Open!
Apr 14, 2014, 15:01 ET
UBM Tech's EE Live! 2014 Post Conference Report
Apr 09, 2014, 16:30 ET
OpenDaylight Project Takes Grand Prize at Best of Interop Awards
Apr 02, 2014, 13:29 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.