ANN ARBOR, Mich., May 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Retailers need to selectively apply available technology to provide shoppers with cutting-edge customer service tools, a variety of fulfillment options, and to connect directly with customers, according to a new Retail Report by Radial and CFI Group.
Radial and CFI Group surveyed over 500 online shoppers to measure their perspectives on methods of connecting with retailers, the role of social media, in-store pick up, and transactions mistakenly identified as fraudulent.
The resulting feedback equips retailers with the knowledge of what matters most to customers and the effect experiences, both good and bad, are likely to have on the goal of turning customers into repeat customers.
1) How Customers Connect with Retailers
Today's on-demand culture has conditioned shoppers to expect options and convenience when connecting with retailers.
- 40% check the status of an order using the self-help section of the retailer's website
- 83% use self-service options when available
- 85% would use a visual IVR option on their mobile for service inquiries if available
2) The Importance of Social Media
Shoppers perceive retailers' social media accounts as a forum for customer service that involves active dialogue rather than a parking lot for feedback.
- 62% use social media to interact with retailers
- 76% expect the retailer to respond the same day on social media
3) Picking Up Online Orders in Store
There is a growing demand for picking up online orders in store.
- 54% opt for in-store pickup for at least a quarter of their online purchases
- 37% expect to hear that their pickup order is ready the same day of the purchase
4) Data Breaches and Fraudulent Charges
Retailers who can balance data protection with limited fraud alerts will preserve the trust and confidence of their customers and build shopper loyalty.
- 33% are extremely concerned with having credit card information stolen
- 24% have had a purchase incorrectly identified as fraud
- 62% shop elsewhere if they have had a purchase incorrectly identified as fraud
To download the Retail Report visit cfigroup.com.
About CFI Group (www.cfigroup.com)
Since 1988, CFI Group has delivered customer experience measurement and business insights from its Ann Arbor, Michigan headquarters and a network of global offices. As founding partner of the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), CFI Group is the only company within the United States licensed to apply customized ACSI methodology in both the private and public sectors. Using patented technology and top research experts, CFI Group uncovers the business drivers and financial impact of customer experience.
About Radial (www.radial.com)
Radial is the leader in omnichannel commerce technologies and operations. We enable you to profitably exceed customer expectations by taking on the complexity of your omnichannel retail business and transforming it into a seamlessly orchestrated customer experience. To bring order to ordering. To make fulfillment more fulfilling. To keep commerce clicking. When we partner with you to execute your orders, payments, fulfillment, or customer care, your promises become ours.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/retail-report-what-makes-an-online-customer-a-repeat-customer-300465932.html
SOURCE CFI Group