RetailMeNot Upgrades Its Free Android Coupons App to Include Location-Based Offers for Thousands of Retail Locations
Upgrade of RetailMeNot's Android coupons app includes ability to get in-store offers at nearly 500 major general shopping malls in the U.S.
AUSTIN, Texas, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RetailMeNot.com (www.retailmenot.com), the most widely used digital coupon website in the United States, today announced another mobile milestone as it upgraded its free Android coupons app to include location-based offers for thousands of retail locations at hundreds of general shopping malls across the United States.
RetailMeNot launched its free coupons app for iPhone and Android phone users in mid-2012. During the 2012 holiday season, RetailMeNot enabled users of its iPhone app to receive notifications of available digital coupons when they visited nearly 500 U.S.-based general shopping malls.
Now Android phone users with the free RetailMeNot coupons app will benefit from the same location-based technology so they can be notified of savings opportunities when visiting geo-fenced malls across the United States.
"With more than 4 million downloads, more and more consumers are using the RetailMeNot coupons app on both iPhone and Android phones to discover great deals when shopping," said Cotter Cunningham, CEO & Founder, RetailMeNot, Inc. "As mobile traffic continues to be a meaningful and growing channel for our business, we look forward to working with our retail partners to help them drive more sales online and in-store."
How does a location-based offer work?
- Consumers download the free RetailMeNot coupons app on their Android phone within the Google Play store or upgrade their existing app.
- Consumers can:
- Either receive a notification promoting available in-store coupons for nearby stores when crossing a GPS-aware boundary line around a general shopping mall, e.g., driving into the mall parking lot during a weekend shopping trip.
- Or consumers planning a shopping trip can find in-store coupons for stores in nearby shopping malls. Shoppers can also submit requests for their favorite stores to offer coupons and deals if none are available.
- Consumers can show a cashier their phone at the register to redeem coupons or offers from retailers.
In addition to in-store coupons, users of the RetailMeNot Android coupon app can also access hundreds of thousands of coupons from tens of thousands of online retailers. Standard features include:
- Simple, easy-to-use interface with curated and frequently updated "Hot Deals"—our latest offers from thousands of retailers.
- Ability to save coupons for later use.
- Instant tap-and-paste functionality enables consumers to quickly use coupon codes within the checkout process at most online stores, an advancement over standard Android "select, copy and paste" functionality.
- Coupons are also curated and searchable within retail categories (e.g., apparel, electronics, sports, etc.) and arranged via the most popular stores on RetailMeNot, making savings exploration and discovery simple.
- Predictive-store-search functionality enables consumers to find coupons for their favorite retailer in just a few taps.
"We're excited to provide a superior user experience for deal hunters using our updated and free RetailMeNot Android coupons app," said Jag Bath, Senior Vice President, Product, RetailMeNot, Inc. "The new location based offers technology will help a huge population of mobile users save money on products that they buy at hundreds of malls across the United States where they shop on a frequent basis. Shoppers will literally be alerted of deals at local stores when they walk in the door of their favorite mall!"
RetailMeNot.com (www.retailmenot.com) is the most widely used digital coupon site in the United States. Our mission is to help consumers save money and enjoy a hassle-free discount shopping experience. Since November 2006, our users have shared hundreds of thousands of digital coupons from retailers. Online coupons are rated and ranked by users, ensuring that quality deals rise to the top and expired coupons drop down the list. RetailMeNot.com is operated by RetailMeNot, Inc., the world's leading marketplace for digital coupons.
Shopping on the go? Download the RetailMeNot Coupons app for iPhone and Android phones to access Hot Deals, browse top coupons, popular stores and categories and get thousands of online and in-store coupons to shop when you want, where you want. Make sure to "like" RetailMeNot.com and authorize the RetailMeNot app on Facebook, follow the company via Twitter @retailmenot and add us on Google+. Consumers can sign up for RetailMeNot's Online and In-Store Coupons Newsletter by visiting: http://www.retailmenot.com/signup.
About RetailMeNot, Inc.
RetailMeNot, Inc. (www.retailmenot.com/corp) is the world's leading digital coupon marketplace. The company's websites enable consumers across the globe seeking to save money to find hundreds of thousands of digital coupons from retailers. RetailMeNot, Inc. experienced more than 450 million consumer visits to its sites in 2012. The RetailMeNot, Inc. portfolio of coupon and deal websites includes www.RetailMeNot.com, the leading digital coupon site in the United States; www.VoucherCodes.co.uk, the leading digital coupon site in the United Kingdom; www.Deals.com in Germany; www.ActiePagina.nl, a leading digital coupon site in the Netherlands; Bons-de-Reduction.com and www.Poulpeo.com, leading digital coupon and cash back sites in France; and www.Deals2Buy.com, a leading discount offer site in North America.
+1 512 777 2957 office
+1 202 330 3070 mobile
More by this Source
RetailMeNot Black Friday Tech Report: Smartphones Making Other Consumer Electronics Obsolete
Nov 07, 2013, 07:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.