RetailNext Grows Customer Base to 45 Retailers Using Its Retail Analytics Products and Services Adds 16 Retail Chains, Expands Executive Team and Advisory Board with Industry Experts
NEW YORK, Jan. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- RetailNext, the in-store analytics leader, today announced key milestones for 2011, including the addition of 16 new retail customers, such as Montblanc and Family Dollar. The company also announced the addition of retail industry and marketing experts to its leadership team and expanded European sales operations. RetailNext made the announcement from the National Retail Federation (NRF) 2012 Conference, where it is exhibiting new video and wireless innovations in its flagship RetailNext product.
RetailNext is an open, scalable platform that provides data collection, analysis, and visualization technology that delivers transparency equal to that enjoyed by e-commerce. Easily and rapidly deployed, it is the only comprehensive in-store analytics platform that aggregates the full set of data needed for intelligent business decisions about retail locations and then visualizes data, in real time, through automatic, intuitive views. RetailNext provides unique analytical insights through detailed reports, a top-notch in-house analyst team and the company's service for goods manufacturers.
In the second half of 2011, RetailNext added 16 leading retailers and brands to its customer roster of department stores, supermarkets, specialty retailers, drug stores, and travel retailers. These new customers bring the total list of retail and consumer package goods (CPG) companies using RetailNext to nearly fifty, measuring the behavior of more than 20 million shoppers per month.
"RetailNext has helped our team make data-driven decisions rather than depending on our intuitions, especially in a fast-moving environment such as travel retail," commented Rodrigo Fajardo, Montblanc Brand Manager, Travel Retail for North America and Caribbean.
Leadership Team Additions
"In 2011 we built a world-class analyst team to discover how retailers can increase sales, cut costs and align resources with goals. RetailNext's real-time data is invaluable, so expert consulting is incredibly powerful in making that insight actionable– and is a booming part of our business," said Alexei Agratchev, RetailNext CEO. "Impressive Board additions will help us optimize these services, drive European expansion and propel technology innovations that make retailers' wishes into reality."
- Robert Rosenblatt, former Group President and COO, Tommy Hilfiger Corp – The latest addition to RetailNext's Board of Directors, Bob is a top retail executive with 30 years' experience in senior leadership positions at mid-sized and large companies, including Bloomingdale's and Home Shopping Network (HSNI- the world's second-largest direct sales television retail company with sales in excess of $3 billion). His achievements include growing revenue and profitability in these companies by double digits and managing the sales process for Tommy Hilfiger Corp ("THC"), leading to a $1.6 billion sale to APAX Partners in 2006.
- Tim Price, in-store operations and financials veteran − Tim joins the RetailNext Industry Advisory Board with experience serving as the EVP and CFO for Ultimate Electronics, Movie Gallery, Hollywood Video, and the Robinsons-May division of May Department Stores. For 25 years, he has led the financial and operational functions of large public and private retail companies and has held roles overseeing Information Systems, Distribution and Logistics, and Loss Prevention.
- Shelley E. Kohan, VP of Retail Consulting – With 28 years of retail experience, including executive positions with Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale's and Macy's, Shelley is RetailNext's resident retail consultant for analysis services. She is an expert on store operations, especially driving sales, increasing profit, and improving "store choreography," and has deep expertise with luxury brands in department and specialty stores.
- Chitra Balasubramanian, VP of Insights – Chitra leads development of never-before-seen in-store consumer insights, enabling retailers and manufacturers to improve operations and concept testing and quickly ID substantial business opportunities. A CPA, she has held strategic consulting, marketing analytics, and corporate finance positions with leading firms including Blackhawk Network, Barclay's Capital and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Tim Callan, CMO – An industry veteran with 15 years in marketing leadership roles for enterprise software and SaaS-based companies, Tim was responsible for the creation and propagation of the "VeriSign Secured Seal," an e-commerce staple that grew to be the world's most recognized online trust mark and is currently displayed on more than 100,000 web sites and viewed upwards of 750 million times a day.
RetailNext (formerly BVI Networks) is the leader in real-time in-store measurement, enabling retailers and manufacturers to collect, analyze, and visualize in-store data. The company uses best-in-class video analytics, on-shelf sensors, data from point-of-sale systems, and other sources to automatically inform retailers about how shoppers engage in their stores. The highly scalable RetailNext products easily integrate with promotional calendars, staffing systems and weather services to analyze how internal and external factors impact customer shopping patterns—providing store operations executives with the ability to identify opportunities for growth, execute changes and measure success.
Headquartered in San Jose, CA, RetailNext tracks more than 20 million shoppers per month by collecting data from greater than 15,000 sensors in retail stores, capturing and analyzing more than two trillion data points per year. RetailNext is a growing global brand currently operating in 17 countries. For more information, call +1-888-609-5877 or visit www.bviretailnext.com.