Revamped IDriveSync Simplifies Secure File Syncing Between PCs, Macs, Tablets and Smartphones New software includes Facebook integration, Visual Sharing™ and faster syncing capabilities at industry's lowest price
LOS ANGELES, July 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pro Softnet Corp., a world-class provider of cloud storage, online backup, compliance and remote access solutions for consumers and business, today announced the completely redesigned IDriveSync, with new features and a user interface designed to deliver the best and most secure way to access data across multiple computers, tablets and smartphones.
New to the IDriveSync service is Visual Sharing™, a drag-and-drop online interface for sharing files. The interface allows users to easily set up a contact list. After locating files to share, users can drag-and-drop those files onto their contacts.
Also new is Facebook integration that allows users to link their Facebook account for easy access to contacts and sharing of photos or videos with Facebook friends via private messages or wall posts. Using this integration, photos can be uploaded once to an IDriveSync account and be available for both posting to Facebook and other uses.
IDriveSync is available at http://www.idrivesync.com/ and includes 5 GB complimentary storage space. Users requiring additional storage can purchase 150 GB for $4.95 per month or $49.50 annually; or 500 GB for $14.95 per month or $149.50 annually. Every IDriveSync account supports an unlimited number of connected devices sharing the same sync space.
The IDriveSync service also ensures better security and performance than its competitors through Pro Softnet's private cloud service with data transferred and stored using the highest level of Advanced Encryption Standard (AES-256).
"The explosion of mobile devices has made online sync a hot market today, but security is a top priority for users," said Raghu Kulkarni, Pro Softnet CEO. "We take pride in delivering a safe syncing solution through servers that are owned and operated by Pro Softnet, all at a low price point and I believe users will be very happy with this new version of IDriveSync."
Additional key features include:
- Cross-platform functionality - IDriveSync is available for Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android and devices are linked seamlessly so important files are always accessible.
- iPad document editing: IDriveSync supports the WebDAV protocol, which allows iPad owners that have Apple iWork apps (Pages, Numbers & Keynote) to edit and save documents stored on their IDriveSync account from their iPad.
- Groups – IDriveSync allows users to create various contact groups for easy syncing with coworkers, family and friends.
- File versioning - IDriveSync will store up to the latest 30 versions of every file synced to the service and only the latest version of each file takes up Sync space – earlier versions are kept without counting as stored data.
- Speed – IDriveSync offers 30 percent faster syncing capabilities for larger data transfers when compared to similar services.
IDriveSync is created by Pro Softnet Corporation
Headquartered in Los Angeles County, Pro Softnet Corp. is a privately held company specializing in cloud storage, online backup, file sharing, remote access, compliance, sync and related technologies serving the consumer, small business and enterprise markets. Core products include IDrive®, IDriveSync®, IBackup®, RemotePC™ and EVS for developers. The company's popular services currently have more than 900,000 subscribers. For more information please visit http://www.idrivesync.com.
SOURCE Pro Softnet Corporation