NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The demand for variation in foods is on the rise in North America. Production of sauces, dressing, and condiemnts with organic ingredients that are also proved with claims gains consumer loyalty. Consumer concern for holistic health has augmented the demand for the low-sodium sauces, and has resulted in higher demand for sodium replacers. This market insight examines the demand for sauce, dressings, and condiments in North America.
- The total revenue for the North American sauces, dressings, and condiments market was $ billion in 2014. It is expected to reach $ billion in 2021, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of %.
- Home dining, cost cutting, and quick recipes are the key drivers for this market. The growing ethnic diversity in the North American region is expected to increases the use of Hispanic and Asian-based sauces and marinades.
- GenX cooks are looking for a combination of flavors from various regions and there is also a growing need for products that resemble the American flavors.
- Organic and sustainable foods are more preferred by the health-conscious population because of high consumer awareness.
- Unstable raw material prices, high logistics costs, strict regulations, and market maturity are the factors inhibiting the growth of this market.
Definition and Segmentation
- The study focuses on the North American sauces, dressings, and condiments market. The base year is 2014 and the forecast period is 2015 to 2021.
- The market size is calculated based on the total market revenue.
- The segments include
- The countries included in this study are:
o The United States, and
- The revenue is in US dollars.
- Per capita consumption (PCC) is measured in kilograms (kg).
Key Industry Challenges
- Ingredients used in the manufacturing of sauces, dressings, and condiments are priced high, leading to expensive end products. This highly deters the consumers from purchasing such products.
- Artificial additives such as flavors, colors, and sweeteners are viewed as unhealthy by health-conscious consumers. More research investments are required from the manufacturers to identify healthy alternatives. This is expected to increase the total production cost for manufacturers.
- Unpredictable weather patterns and the severe drought in California in 2014 resulted in less production of fresh foods, which led to an increase in the prices of raw materials.
Key Success Factors
- More transparent labeling of sauces, dressing, and condiments will create more consumer confidence.
- Use of natural and allergy-free additives will earn consumer loyalty.
- Safe and sustainable production will generate loyalty.
- Vertical integration with raw material suppliers will ensure consistent supply.
- Single use packaging will be the most effective marketing strategy. This trend is more effective in the sauces and salad dressings market, as consumers can try different portions of the dish with multiple flavors.
Three Big Predictions
- As the US regulations require companies to completely wipe out trans-fat usage in all food products in 3 years, brands that adapt faster to this change will earn customer loyalty. Furthermore, regulations will be vital for healthy, safe, and sustainable ingredients.
- Certain flavors in each sauce segment are expected to gain favour in the next five years because of the mixed ethnicity of North American consumers. Barbecue sauces with sweet flavors will be most preferred, while spicy flavors may gain preference in the marinades segment. New product launches in the future will focus on these flavors.
- Consumer concern for holistic health has augmented the demand for dips, olive oil, and Acai fruit. Sauces with less sodium and more protein will offer immense scope for growth and penetration. Products manufactured with natural or organic ingredients and containing no additives or preservatives are expected to gain market share.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03247163-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001