BOSTON, June 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- A major evolution in Subscriber Data Management (SDM) is giving both Communications Service Providers (CSPs) and their partners seamless access to static and dynamic end user information from multiple subscriber and network databases and real time functional elements. In a new report titled 'Subscriber Data Management (SDM) Evolves to Leverage Real Time CloudDB Data Management solutions' Strategy Analytics describes a major leap that large infrastructure vendors are taking to allow Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to offer added value to their subscribers - directly and via third parties.
- Subscriber Data Management (SDM) is moving beyond integration of HSS/HLR data to become a personalized service enabler with Cloud based Data Management for both static and dynamic user profiles.
- Infrastructure Vendors are now offering CSPs a Common Data Layer (CDL) and Cloud Database (Cloud DB) to expose both user and session activity information to appropriate partners with user authentication, security, and privacy protection.
Strategy Analytics' new Networks and Service Platforms (NSP) service report extends its earlier SDM analysis 'Subscriber Data Management Monetizes Mobile Infrastructure for New Services - Openwave Mobility's SDM' to review these emerging CSP requirements and how they are met by current SDM solutions from five major telecomms infrastructure and data base vendors - Ericsson, HP Enterprise, Huawei, Nokia and Oracle.
Sue Rudd, Director Service Provider Analysis noted "CSP Telco Cloud players are now demanding a new 'Common Data Layer' from their SDM vendors for all subscriber related information to achieve three key things:
- Add significant value and subscriber aware quality assurance to their own network services with the scalability and low latency response 5G demands
- Enable information about personalized location and subscriber aware sessions or flows to be made available to end-user services or 3rd party Apps.
- Secure their user controlled capabilities even when subscribers are running on third party Cloud Services. "
Susan Welsh de Grimaldo, Director Service Provider Strategies added, "SDM is a key element for adding Service Agility as part of CSPs' Digital Transformation. With appropriate subscriber 'Opt-in', these SDM capabilities allow CSPs to play a more important role in monetizing information for new 3rd party applications, OTT players and ISP Cloud services."
About Networks and Service Platforms and Strategy Analytics
Strategy Analytics has renamed its Wireless Networks & Platforms (WNP) service to Networks & Service Platforms (NSP) to reflect the convergence of Fixed and Mobile infrastructure technology and the broad impact of SDN/NFV and Telco Cloud services. The service helps Communications Service Providers (CSPs) leverage next generation network solutions to optimize capacity and costs, as they simultaneously reduce Time to Market (TTM), enhance Quality of Experience (QoE) and accelerate new 5G and other service opportunities.
Strategy Analytics, Inc. provides the competitive edge with actionable market intelligence for emerging technology, mobile and wireless, digital consumer and automotive electronics companies. With offices in North America, Europe and Asia, Strategy Analytics delivers insights for service provider and business success. www.StrategyAnalytics.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/revolutionary-csp-common-data-layer-and-cloud-data-base-db-architecture-for-subscriber-data-management-sdm-enables-new-telco-services-and-service-assurance-300476730.html
SOURCE Strategy Analytics