Revolutionary Device for Premature Ejaculation Treatment
New PE treatment set to improve the sex lives of millions of men
LONDON, September 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
A newly approved treatment for men experiencing premature ejaculation (PE) was unveiled at the World Congress of Sexual Medicine in Chicago on Monday, the 27th of August 2012.
The device, to be used in conjunction with the start-stop technique, is: substantially cheaper than current available treatments for PE; free from side effects; provides long-term effects; and requires no prescription or medical consultations.
Prolong TM was developed in 2008, after independent clinical trials in London University Teaching Hospitals in 2004, where the prototype in conjunction with the programme was compared to an active control, the Gold Standard treatment, rather than a placebo. In the trial, 61 per cent of men reported lasting 11 times longer during intercourse after using Prolong, compared to three fold improvements in 40 per cent of men who had undergone Teaching Hospital standard Psychosexual Therapy.
Creator and Harley Street Psychiatrist Dr Zamar said:
"Roughly 30% of men experience premature ejaculation at some point in their lives. While there are a number of current treatments available including Psychosexual Therapy, SSRIs and local anaesthetics, I realised there was a need for an effective, discreet, side effect free and affordable treatment that's easy to access.
"The independent clinical trials have proven the benefits Prolong can make to the lives of men and, subsequently, their partners, so hopefully the availability of the device will mark the beginning of the end to the suffering caused by premature ejaculation."
In light of the clinical trial results, Dr Zamar recommended that Prolong TM should be the first line treatment for PE as well as used alongside other treatments, as the programme has no harmful effects. The presentation was peer reviewed and was published in the August issue of the Journal of Sexual Medicine in the proceedings of the World Meeting on Sexual Medicine 2012.
Prolong TM is an approved treatment for climax control in Europe, available on the Internet at http://www.aboutpe.com and in the UK from April 2012.
Note to Editors:
- Prolong costs £160 while Psychosexual Therapy costs £600-£800 ($945-$1250/€765-€1025).
- Based on the expected large effect size of Prolong TM and a study power of 80% (the globally accepted clinical trial standard), it was calculated that 52 participants were to be enrolled in the clinical trial.
- Comparing the effect sizes of Prolong TM with other effective treatments- Antidepressants have an effect size in the treatment of depression of 0.31, local anaesthetics and antidepressants have an effect size of between three and six in the treatment of PE, whilst Prolong has an effect size of 11 for the treatment of PE, making Prolong TM 2-3.5 times more effective than other treatments for PE.
- Benefits were noted at week one, were maximal at week six and lasted at least three months after the programme was completed.
- Prolong is approved in the 31 countries of the European Economic Area, for Climax Control training as a Class II a medical device.
SOURCE The London Psychiatry Centre
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.