Revolutionary Golf Networking Site and Game Improvement Mobile Apps Attract New Generation of Amateur Golfers Top Golf Pros and Technology Leaders Launch Innovative Non-Profit to Advance Popularity and Growth of Golf
ATLANTA, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Game of Golf Institute (GOGI), a 501 (c)(3) non-profit initiative, announced the launch of its golf networking website and game improvement applications built with the latest social media and mobile app technologies. GOGI's free mobile apps – "Swing Pro" and "Tee to Green Pro"- are available on Apple's App Store, with Android versions launching January, 2013.
2010 PGA Teacher of the Year Todd Anderson and Golf Digest's "Top Fitness Trainer" Randy Myers joined forces with technology leaders Derek Smith and Kristian Traylor to create GOGI. Anderson and Myers, who train leading PGA Tour pros at the top-rated Sea Island Golf Learning Center, provide their proven instructional methods at no charge to GOGI members.
GOGI's free website (www.mygogi.org) and mobile apps work together to help amateur golfers improve their game faster, connect with one another and share their golf experiences in one unique community. GOGI also helps golf pros and groups – including instructors, courses, foursomes, golf programs and tournaments – to support amateur golfers within the community.
"For golf to thrive, it needs a bridge between its rich tradition and a new era where social media and mobile applications are rapidly changing how society learns and interacts, especially the younger generation," said GOGI Chairman Derek Smith. "GOGI is that bridge. Our goal is not to change the game of golf, but help it be more accessible and fun through these technologies."
"Todd and I are excited to give back to the game and worked hard to develop a first-class experience at no charge," said GOGI Co-Founder Randy Myers. "GOGI is unique because it helps amateurs grow, connect and share along every stage of their journey through a powerful set of social media and mobile applications."
GOGI WEBSITE FEATURES:
GOGI's website is the home base for amateur golfers, golf pros and groups and includes:
- Member and group profiles
- Personal and group videos and photos
- Scorecard data entry and statistics
- Customized, high-definition instructional videos featuring Anderson and Myers
- Tools to form and manage relationships, groups and events
- Matching service for amateurs seeking teaching pros or playing partners
GOGI MOBILE APP FEATURES:
Tee to Green Pro
- Score rounds and track stats for 17,000 U.S. golf courses
- Easy to absorb golf tips for all key golf shots
- HD golf instructional videos
- Capture and upload stats and golf photos to GOGI website profile
- Record, analyze, share and compare your golf swing
- Innovative swing analysis tools
- HD golf practice drills and fitness videos
- Capture and upload personal golf videos to GOGI website profile
SOURCE Game of Golf Institute