REVOLVE™ Helmet Liner System now available from Team Wendy
System serves as replacement liner for military and law enforcement ballistic helmets
CLEVELAND, June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Team Wendy, maker of leading-edge, multiple-application products that serve to protect against serious and potentially life-threatening impact-related injuries, has released the REVOLVE™ Helmet Liner System for military and law enforcement ballistic helmets. REVOLVE™ is a three-piece impact-mitigating system designed to be a replacement liner for most ballistic shells. It uses an array of engineered polymer structures along with a set of moisture wicking comfort pads to provide maximum protection, comfort, and stability.
REVOLVE™ Helmet Liner System features:
- Polymer structures largely born out of a U.S. Army Natick Soldier RD&E Center program
- Cylindrical geometry and material composition optimized for headborne impact protection
- Structures designed to act as the optimal crumple zone during impact – at the same time they provide an extremely stable, secure and comfortable interface with your ballistic helmet shell
- Constructed from a thermoplastic urethane (TPU) material that exhibits excellent toughness, abrasion and wear resistance, and microbial resistance
- Greatly improved airflow and ventilation beneath the helmet to minimize thermal burden
- Comfort pads that use a field-proven construction with internal Zorbium® foam sealed in a water-tight barrier, and encased with milspec outer wicking fabric
- Installs into standard ballistic helmets with hook-and-loop attachment
The REVOLVE™ liner system is available through TeamWendy.com and authorized Team Wendy distributors.
Jose Rizo-Patron, Team Wendy CEO: "The release of the REVOLVE™ liner delivers on the Team Wendy mission: Innovate to Protect. We are constantly looking at ways to continue to raise the bar on impact protection. With REVOLVE™, we are now able to offer men and women in uniform an unsurpassed level of impact protection for their ballistic helmets."
About Team Wendy
Team Wendy develops leading-edge products that serve to protect against serious and potentially life-threatening impact related injuries. Through its long-standing partnership with the U.S. military and the National Industries for the Blind (NIB), Team Wendy has supplied men and women in uniform with more than 5 million Zorbium® Action Pad (ZAP™) helmet pad systems since 2005. Team Wendy also actively collaborates with world-class universities and organizations to better understand the causes behind TBI and to develop products that focus on addressing what actually occurs during impact.
Connect with Team Wendy
CONTACT: Melanie Eyerman
SOURCE Team Wendy
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.