Reynolds and Reynolds Announces 2010-2011 College Scholarships Company Foundation Funds Merit Scholarships for 45 Students
DAYTON, Ohio, July 28 /PRNewswire/ -- The Reynolds and Reynolds Company today announced a record number of merit scholarships to support outstanding students who are continuing their education at the collegiate level. The scholarships are provided through programs sponsored by the Reynolds and Reynolds Company Foundation. Overall, the Foundation funded 45 merit scholarships for the 2010-2011 academic year.
The majority of the scholarships were granted under a long-standing program of merit-based awards for undergraduate study by children of Reynolds associates. Additionally, the Reynolds Company Foundation is funding the Reynolds and Reynolds Leadership Scholars Program at Wright State University, scholarships for students at Texas A&M University and Sinclair Community College, and scholarships awarded to Ohio Army National Guard members and their families.
"The Reynolds and Reynolds Company Foundation continues to direct its giving to support higher education and the aspirations of college students," said Willie Daughters, vice president of Software Support at Reynolds and a Reynolds Foundation trustee. "A college education is a great catalyst for change – personally for students and, ultimately, for our communities. All of us at Reynolds are proud to be involved in supporting education and proud of what Reynolds scholarships have represented for so many talented young people over the years."
- The centerpiece of the Foundation's giving is a scholarship program geared toward assisting the college-age children of Reynolds associates with undergraduate studies. The program has been in place for more than 20 years. The scholarships are awarded to individuals who have demonstrated academic excellence, as well as extracurricular and community involvement. This year, more than two dozen scholarships were awarded for the 2010–2011 academic year.
- Reynolds joined with Sinclair Community College in 2010 to provide scholarships to students who are enrolled in Sinclair's two-year Automotive Technology program. This program prepares students for positions at automobile dealerships and in automotive-related industries.
- In 2010, Reynolds also funded four scholarships that benefit enlisted members of the Ohio National Guard.
- In 2009, the company established the Reynolds and Reynolds Leadership Scholars Program at Wright State University. The program provides merit-based scholarships for students entering Wright State's College of Engineering and Computer Science. Ten students received scholarships for the 2010–2011 academic year.
- Reynolds and Reynolds also funds a merit-based scholarship program to assist full-time undergraduate students at Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas, where the company operates one of its major facilities. This year, three scholarships were awarded at Texas A&M.
Reynolds and Reynolds was founded in Dayton, Ohio, in 1866 and has been headquartered in the area continuously since then. Today, with associates throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe, Reynolds and Reynolds is the automotive industry's leading provider of automobile dealership software, services, and forms to help dealerships improve business results. The company's other major U.S. locations include Houston and College Station, Texas, and Celina, Ohio. (www.reyrey.com)
SOURCE Reynolds and Reynolds