RFA Brands' Powerbag Named as CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Award Honoree
NEW YORK, Nov. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- RFA Brands today announced at the CES Unveiled@New York that it has been named an International CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Awards Honoree for Powerbag, a new collection of backpacks, messenger bags, slings and more that charge mobile devices right in the bag. RFA Brands will be showcasing their line of Powerbag at the International CES Show, January 10-13, 2012, at Booth #4610 – North Hall, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Powerbag is the ultimate charging system disguised as the coolest bag you'll ever use. Seamlessly integrated into every Powerbag is the exclusive Powerbag Charging System, which charges all of your favorite mobile devices, including Smartphones, iPods/MP3 players, Tablets, eReaders, Bluetooth headsets and more, right in the bag. Powerbag, which launched this Fall, is available now starting at $139.99, at Best Buy, OfficeMax, F.Y.E., WirelessZone, college bookstores, Airport Wireless, and other airport stores, and at myPowerbag.com.
"We are absolutely thrilled to be named a recipient of the CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Awards," said Ron Ferber, President of RFA Brands, creator of Powerbag. "We developed Powerbag to provide real solutions for the fast growing collection of battery draining mobile devices so many people carry, and this award reinforces the amazing response we've had from consumers."
How Powerbag Works:
- Powerbag comes charged and ready to go!
- Connect up to four (4) mobile devices at a time using the included pre-routed connectors (1 micro, 1 mini, 1 Apple) and one USB port inside every Powerbag; keep devices connected or plug-in when you need more power.
- The exclusive Powerbag Charging System will automatically detect the connected devices in the bag and send the right amount of power to optimally charge each one.
- To recharge Powerbag, plug into any standard wall outlet with the included AC Adapter. Powerbag comes with a built-in, lightweight, rechargeable and removable battery to get you through your day (available with a 3000 mAh or 6000 mAh battery based on model).
- When plugged in, Powerbag will charge all connected devices first and then charge its own battery.
The prestigious Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the International CES, the world's largest consumer technology tradeshow, and have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976. The Best of Innovations honor is awarded to the products with the highest judges' scores and will be featured in the Innovations Design and Engineering Showcase at the 2012 International CES.
Powerbag will be displayed at the 2012 International CES, which runs January 10-13, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Honorees will also be displayed at CES Unveiled: the Official Press Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 8 in the Venetian Ballroom of the Venetian.
The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities
- The product's intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting edge consumer electronics products across 32 product categories. Products chosen as an Innovations honoree reflect innovative design and engineering of the entries. Examples may include the first time various technologies are combined in a single product or dramatic enhancements to previous product designs.
Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering honoree products are featured on www.CESweb.org/Innovations, which lists product categories, as well as each product name, manufacturer information, designer, description, photo and URL.
About RFA Brands
RFA Brands is a portfolio of distinctive consumer brands, each built from the ground up to alleviate problems in today's increasingly digital, always-on-the-go world. Whether it's power, portability, protection, environmental responsibility, or some juicy combination, RFA Brands will have something that speaks to you. Learn more about Powerbag from RFA Brands at http://www.mypowerbag.com.
SOURCE RFA Brands