RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction Agenda to Feature Case Studies from Leading End Users The event, to be held on Aug. 12-13, will be co-located with the Lean Construction Conference, and will focus on helping companies in these sectors employ RFID to improve their business operations.
NEW YORK, June 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RFID Journal unveiled today the agenda for the RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction conference and exhibition (www.rfidjournalevents.com/energy), which will be co-located with the 4th Australian Lean Construction Conference. The event will focus on educating end users about how radio frequency identification (RFID) technology is delivering real business benefits to companies in the energy, mining and construction industries. The event will be held on Aug. 12-13, 2014, at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, located in Perth, Australia, and will feature the following case studies:
- Woodside Energy will discuss how to reduce project costs through smarter construction.
- Bechtel will share how deploying RFID to island construction projects has brought both visibility and cost savings.
- Industrial Automation Group will explain how a global energy company is using an RFID system from the Australian firm to track the locations of hundreds of thousands of assets at a major construction project in a remote region on the west coast of Australia.
- Weatherford will share how RFID enhances downhole drilling operations.
"This event represents a unique opportunity for companies in the energy, mining and construction sectors to hear from businesses like theirs about how RFID can help improve efficiencies, cut costs and enhance safety," said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor. "Plus, attendees can meet solution providers that have developed RFID transponders, readers and software solutions specifically for their needs."
"This event is a good example of how the Lean Construction Institute (LCI) in Western Australia promotes technologies that improve productivity in our industry, " said Martijn Truijens, chair of the Lean Construction Institute, "providing the opportunity to build projects more efficient and economically more sustainable."
The co-located event will feature such speakers as:
- Dr. Glenn Ballard, LCI USA's co-founder
- Dale Beard, Intelliwave Technologies' president and co-founder
- Jeroen Buren, Woodside Energy's senior VP of production
- Roman Crookes, Eskom's project manager
- Dr. Roberto Cruz, Petrobras' CENPES coordinator for the Technological Program of Offshore Logistics
- Robert Edwardes, Woodside Energy's executive VP of development
- Gavin Kleinhans, INPEX Corp.'s senior legal counsel
- Olivier Legrand, the director of McKinsey & Co.'s Operations and Infrastructure Practices
- Kerry London, RMIT University's acting deputy pro vice chancellor for teaching and learning, and a professor of construction management at the School of Property, Construction and Project Management
- Mike Miketon, JV Driver Projects Inc.'s corporate controls project manager
- Martin Swaine, Shell's 4D program manager for project excellence, projects and technology
Following the event, the Global RFID Committee for Oil & Gas, established in May 2013, will host the RFID in Oil & Gas Standards Workshop on Aug. 14. The workshop's purpose is to establish committees and a framework for achieving these goals.
RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction is the only event where attendees can learn how to put RFID to work in those industries to cut costs, improve safety and track assets. For more information, please visit the event's website, www.rfidjournalevents.com/energy, or contact attendee registration at email@example.com or +1 (631) 249-4960.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com.
For more information, contact:
Vice President, Marketing
SOURCE RFID Journal