NEW YORK, Jan. 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RFID Journal announced today that it will offer eight preconference seminars at RFID Journal LIVE! 2014 (www.rfidjournalevents.com/live), the world's premier conference and exhibition focused on radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. The seminars are aimed at helping companies deploy solutions to solve business problems or improve their marketing or operations.
LIVE! 2014 will be held on Apr. 8-10, at the Orange County Convention Center, located in Orlando, Fla. The preconferences, each taking place on Apr. 8, are as follows.
- RFID Journal University: RFID Journal's most popular preconference seminar is designed to provide those new to RFID with the foundational knowledge necessary to begin understanding how the technology can be applied to solve specific business problems.
- Item-Level Retail and Apparel Workshop: Participants in this workshop will hear where the benefits of employing RFID to track individual items are, and how to achieve them—plus, attendees will receive an update on the GS1 Item Level RFID Initiative, which is helping to develop standard ways of deploying the technology and best practices.
- RFID for Warehouse and Inventory Management: This seminar will introduce participants to specific RFID technologies for warehouse and inventory management within the supply chain, as well as how to build a working RFID portal for automated receiving and inventory tracking.
- NFC Workshop: This workshop will explain how companies can employ Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to enhance products, improve the consumer shopping experience and engage customers in innovative marketing events.
- RFID for IT Professionals: This seminar will explain how to build a complete software architecture, and the various architecture and product choices that an IT architect faces in building and deploying a successful system. The presenters will also explain how to employ RFID to track data-center assets.
- RFID in Harsh Environments: This seminar is designed to educate attendees about the durable tags on the market, as well as how to evaluate tags for particular applications. It will also discuss how companies in the oil and gas, chemical, mining, construction and manufacturing sectors are successfully using RFID in harsh environments for asset tracking, personnel safety and other applications.
- RFID in the Food Chain: This seminar is designed to educate growers, distributors and producers of food and food products, as well as systems integrators and other implementers, regarding the benefits of using RFID to monitor the location and temperature of food as it moves through the supply chain.
- Strategic RFID Workshop: This workshop, designed for senior executives of companies that have already deployed—or currently seek to deploy—RFID systems, will focus on helping businesses formulate an RFID strategy that will lead to greater competitive advantage and shareholder value.
In addition, LIVE! 2014 will feature four industry-specific and four level-of-expertise conference tracks, four post-conference seminars, fast-track training, the RFID Journal Awards, and a co-located event, IEEE RFID 2014. The conference will also offer exhibits and demonstrations conducted by the industry's leading technology firms. For more information, visit www.rfidjournalevents.com/live.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com.
For more information, contact:
Director of Marketing
Read more news from RFID Journal
SOURCE RFID Journal