NEW YORK, April 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- RFID Journal announced today that it will offer six preconference seminars to attendees at its RFID Journal LIVE! conference and exhibition. LIVE! 2016 will be held on May 3-5, at the Orange County Convention Center, located in Orlando, Fla.
The following preconference seminars and workshops will all take place on May 3:
- Item-Level Retail and Apparel Workshop: Attendees will hear where the benefits of employing RFID to track individual items are and how to achieve them. In addition, guests will receive an update on the GS1 Item Level RFID workgroup, which is helping to develop standard ways of deploying the technology, along with best practices.
- RFID in Energy, Mining & Construction: This seminar will educate attendees about the durable tags on the market and how to evaluate them for particular applications. It will also show how companies in oil and gas, chemical, mining, construction and manufacturing are successfully using RFID in harsh environments for tracking assets, personnel safety and equipment maintenance, as well as for speeding up production and shipping processes.
- RFID for IT Professionals: The presenters will describe how to build a complete software architecture, as well as the various architecture and product choices that an IT architect faces in building and deploying a successful system.
- RFID for Warehouse and Inventory Management: Participants will learn about specific RFID technologies for warehouse and inventory management within the supply chain, and explain how to build an RFID portal for automated receiving and inventory tracking.
- RFID-Enabled Smart Products: Attendees will hear how RFID technology is making smart objects, appliances, devices and personal accessories more intelligent and relevant.
- RFID Journal University: This seminar is designed to provide those new to radio frequency identification with the foundational knowledge necessary to begin understanding how RFID can be applied to solve specific business problems.
This year's event will feature four industry-specific tracks covering aerospace and defense, retail and apparel, health care and pharmaceuticals, and manufacturing. Other tracks will cover the use of RFID for supply chain and logistics operations, and for payments and authentication, as well as the technology and infrastructure required for RFID data collection, and innovative uses of RFID.
Additionally, LIVE! 2016 will feature four post-conference seminars, fast-track training provided by RFID4U, RFID Professional Institute certification, and three co-located events (IEEE RFID 2016, the Internet of Things Conference and the Last Mile Consortia Forum). What's more, the event will offer exhibits and demonstrations conducted by the industry's leading technology firms. For more information, visit www.rfidjournalevents.com/live.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and Internet of Things technologies (IoT) and their many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal's websites for up-to-the-minute news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions related to RFID and IoT technologies. This has made RFID Journal a trusted and respected technology information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID and IoT decision-makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com and www.iotjournal.com.
For more information, contact:
VP of Marketing
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rfid-journal-live-2016-to-feature-six-preconference-seminars-300250245.html
SOURCE RFID Journal