RFID Journal Releases RFID Connect Smartphone App, Allowing On-the-Go Connection to Conference News
New app synchs with the RFID Connect social-media and event-planning Web site, enabling RFID Journal LIVE! attendees to be more easily engaged and more productive at the conference
NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RFID Journal, the world's leading media and events company covering radio frequency identification (RFID), announced today that is has introduced a new RFID Connect smartphone application for the Apple iPhone and Android mobile phones. The app synchs seamlessly with the RFID Connect social-media and event-planning Web site, enabling RFID Journal LIVE! attendees to research sessions they wish to attend, exhibitors they would like to visit and attendees they want to meet online, and to create a daily planner they can then bring to the conference on their mobile phones. Any sessions, meetings or to-dos added to an attendee's event planner online will be synched with the smartphone app, and any items added via phone will be reflected on the Web site.
"We looked at half a dozen hosted smartphone applications for events, but they could not be customized to synch with rfidconnect.com," said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor. "This custom-built app works seamlessly with the Web site, and will give our attendees the best event experience possible."
Easy to use and completely intuitive, the free mobile application includes the following features:
- Agenda: Attendees can browse the agenda by day or session type, or search for keywords, and then add sessions to their personalized daily planner. The app can remind attendees 15 minutes before a session starts, and allow them to rate sessions.
- Exhibitors: Attendees can search for exhibitors by name, product category or industry solution, as well as view exhibitor profiles and add vendors they want to visit to their to-do list.
- Interactive floor plan: Guests can add exhibitors they would like to visit to their to-do list, and those companies will then be highlighted on the floor plan. They can also highlight exhibitors by product category (tags, readers, middleware and so forth) or industry solution (health care, manufacturing, retail, etc.).
- Planner: Attendees can add conference sessions, meeting appointments and to-dos to their personalized schedule. Any items added via rfidconnect.com will automatically be synched with their smartphone app, and vice versa.
- Facility info: Guests can view a map of the conference facility.
- Passport program: Attendees can scan a QR Code upon visiting a booth, in order to win a wide variety of prizes.
- Best in Show: Each year, RFID Journal gives away an award for the best new product at the LIVE! conference and exhibition. Attendees can vote for these products via the app, and RFID Journal's editors will tally the votes prior to choosing a winner.
- Coolest Demo: Guests can visit booths at LIVE! featuring a Cool Demo, and cast their vote via the smartphone app.
- Speakers: Attendees can view a list of speakers and send e-mail introductions to particular individuals.
- Facebook and Twitter: Attendees can post status updates or tweets directly from the phone app.
- Alerts: Attendees can receive updates about breaking news and happenings at the conference.
"We have been working very hard to create an application that will help attendees find the exhibitors offering the solutions they need," Roberti stated. "I have no doubt that by using RFID Connect before LIVE! and the smartphone app during the event, attendees will be able to get the most value out of this year's conference"
The iPhone version of the app is currently available at Apple's App Store, which can be found here, https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rfid-connect/id581683184?mt=8. The Android version available from Google Play, available here, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rfidconnect.app&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yZmlkY29ubmVjdC5hcHAiXQ.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com.
For more information, contact:
Director of Marketing
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE RFID Journal