Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. 2Q14 Club & Restaurant Sales Hit Record $32.6 Million - Up 15.1% Year over Year New Vivid Cabaret New York Club No. 3 Sales Generating Unit in 2Q14
HOUSTON, April 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. (NasdaqGM: RICK) today announced total sales at adult clubs and sports bar/restaurants for the second fiscal quarter ended March 31, 2014. The figures do not include the Company's internet or media divisions.
- Total sales reached a record $32.6 million, up 15.1% year over year. There were 43 units in 2Q14 versus 36 in the year ago quarter. Sales were positively impacted by the performance of adult clubs acquired and sports bar/restaurants launched within the past year, as well as sales growth at most existing adult clubs.
- Same store sales were $27.0 million, down 1.1% year over year. The Company's major brands showed year over year improvement despite severe winter weather, particularly in Texas, with the exception of the four Club Onyx units. Excluding these units, same store sales would have been up 3.8%.
- The quarter also benefited from the late January opening of a new adult club in midtown Manhattan – Vivid Cabaret New York – and a new Bombshells sports bar/restaurant in Webster, TX. This year's pro-football championship provided an added boost to the Company's two New York City clubs.
- Rick's expects to announce 2Q14 results on May 12, 2014.
Eric Langan, President and CEO, commented, "We continue to be very pleased with our overall performance. In particular, we are very excited about the potential for our new Vivid club. Despite opening in late January, the club was No. 3 in sales for the second quarter. The opening also had a positive effect, along with the Big Game, on our flagship Rick's Cabaret New York, where sales increased more than 14% year over year.
"Based on our second quarter club and restaurant sales, we remain on course to reach our fiscal 2014 revenue target of $130 million and our previous EPS guidance as well. Instead of falling off from the seasonally large second quarter, club and restaurant sales should benefit from full quarters of Vivid New York, and, assuming schedules stay on track, the openings in Texas of a Rick's Cabaret in Odessa, and of Bombshells sports bar/restaurants in Austin and Houston. We also anticipate a contribution from the recently announced Club O Chicago acquisition, which is expected to close on or before May 31, 2014."
Ed Anakar, President of RCI Management Services, a subsidiary of Rick's Cabaret International, commented, "Excluding the Onyx units, sales at clubs open more than a year continue to reflect the initial benefits of our post-recession strategy of increasing patronage from bigger ticket, higher margin customers. Onyx units were especially impacted by bad weather as well as difficult year over year comparisons. Nonetheless, we are already making changes at these clubs and expect to see improvements."
About Rick's Cabaret
With 43 units, Rick's Cabaret International, Inc. (NasdaqGM: RICK) is the leading hospitality company operating adult gentlemen's clubs and sports bar/restaurants in the US. Adult clubs in New York City, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia, Charlotte, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, Minneapolis, Indianapolis and other cities operate under brand names such as "Rick's Cabaret," "XTC," "Club Onyx," "Vivid Cabaret," "Jaguars" and "Tootsie's Cabaret." Sports bar/restaurants, which also feature live entertainment, operate under the brand names "Bombshells" and "Ricky Bobby Sports Saloon."
For More Information
- Web: http://www.ricksinvestor.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rickscabaretinc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rickscabaretintl
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause the company's actual results to differ materially from those indicated in this press release, including the risks and uncertainties associated with operating and managing an adult business, the business climates in cities where it operates, the success or lack thereof in launching and building the company's businesses, risks and uncertainties related to the operational and financial results of our Web sites, conditions relevant to real estate transactions, and numerous other factors such as laws governing the operation of adult entertainment businesses, competition and dependence on key personnel. Rick's has no obligation to update or revise the forward-looking statements to reflect the occurrence of future events or circumstances.
SOURCE Rick's Cabaret International, Inc.