LAS VEGAS, Sept. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- (SGIA EXPO 16, Booth #1271), Ricoh USA, Inc. today announced its lineup of exciting innovations on display at SGIA Expo, September 14-16, including its portfolio of homegrown and partner hardware, software and services aimed at helping sign shops improve their operations, and cutsheet shops expand into the revenue-rich field of signage. As long as they have existed, signage and cutsheet shops have shared the values of quality, creativity and quick turns. Ricoh's offerings at SGIA Expo help customers transform those values into eye-catching, business-building applications at affordable price points for shop owners and managers.
Ricoh's booth will showcase technologies that not only address the many challenges sign shops and commercial printers face as they work to produce great signage, but also help shops with and without established signage operations take their businesses to the next level. The barrier to entry for signage capabilities has never been lower, and attendees will see how Ricoh's holistic approach to helping customers achieve their goals can help them rise to whatever their challenge might be; as new shops enter the signage space, they need guidance in getting off the ground and ahead of the game, while established shops look for new and exciting ways to stand out, drive down costs, and increase efficiency to boost profits and improve their market position.
Innovations showcased at the booth (#1271) include:
- RICOH Pro L4160 – a latex wide format color printer capable of producing superior print quality and color matching for brilliant signs, banners, wall coverings, indoor and outdoor advertising, point-of-sale displays and more. By embracing the rise of latex inks in wide format, users can deliver high-quality output of up to 63" wide and as long as the roll being printed on with the RICOH Pro L4160. The device's eco-friendly, aqueous latex ink and outstanding seven-color printing drives fast cure times – which makes for fast turn times – and empowers creative users to print on exciting, eye-catching substrates, including clear, plastic, vinyl, textile and backlit media.
- RICOH Pro C7110X – an affordable, high-speed production cutsheet digital printer with a fifth color station for white or clear toner. The added color capability, at near-offset levels of quality, enables shops to expand their application portfolio and deliver unique, attention-grabbing output, including oversize media up to 27.5 inches, to their end customers.
- Mimaki Flatbed Printer – a wide format flatbed printer that provides high-quality color and larger output at an affordable price. This printer uses abrasion-resistant UV inks that are durable in both indoor and outdoor conditions and is capable of handling substrates up to 1.97" thick. Mimaki wide format flatbed printers feature a long-life, energy-saving UV-LED curing unit that can help printers avoid time- and energy-cost sinks typically caused by longer warm-up and cool-down periods.
- Ricoh's Color Management Services – an end-to-end approach to color delivery, helping to ensure a customer's color is precise and consistent across their entire production fleet, regardless of hardware vendors. Consistent color can make or break repeat- and new-business opportunities for print shops. From color matching to calibration and standardization to G7 Master Printer Qualification Services, Ricoh's G7® Expert certified engineers can help ensure color quality and consistency so users don't find themselves printing and scrapping multiple test pages for every job, while driving brand unity in multi-channel campaigns. The latter is especially helpful for hybrid cutsheet/wide format shops who, with the addition of wide format capabilities, are able to bring customers' entire business in-house.
- RICOH MP CW2201SP – Ricoh's latest color wide format device to help architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) firms capture, transform and manage information quickly and simply. It makes sharing wide-format technical drawings, schematics, presentations and other information easier than ever through its improved user interface: Ricoh's next-generation Smart Operation Panel. RICOH PrintCopy Tool makes printing AEC wide format jobs more efficient by enabling document-batching and automatic best-device output selection; and reprinting previous print data without the need to manually input the same information again.
- ONYX Thrive – scalable workflow software based on Adobe® PDF Print Engine technology, providing true end-to-end PDF workflows, from digital file submission through printing and cutting. ONYX Thrive's automation capabilities give graphic arts and signage shops more time to devote to delivering more customer results.
For more information about Ricoh at SGIA, please visit: http://rpp.ricoh-usa.com/about/events/sgia. For details on Ricoh's full line of products, services and solutions for the production print market, please follow @RicohProPrint on Twitter and Ricoh USA Production Print on LinkedIn. If you are a member of the media or analyst community attending the show and are interested in speaking with Ricoh executives, please contact Tracey Sheehy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is a global technology company that has been transforming the way people work for more than 80 years. Under its corporate tagline – imagine. change. – Ricoh continues to empower companies and individuals with services and technologies that inspire innovation, enhance sustainability and boost business growth. These include document management systems, IT services, production print solutions, visual communications systems, digital cameras, and industrial systems.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2016, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,209 billion yen (approx. 19.6 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
© 2016 Ricoh USA, Inc. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Ricoh USA, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ricoh-helps-expand-customers-horizons-with-services-and-solutions-on-display-at-sgia-expo-2016-300326962.html
SOURCE Ricoh USA, Inc.