Houston site celebrates its largest year ever, selling 19,700+ lots for US$238+ million in five auctions
HOUSTON, TX, Nov. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ - Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, sold 4,200+ equipment items and trucks for US$50+ million at this week's unreserved public auction in Houston, TX (November 11 – 12, 2015). In total, the Company conducted five auctions in Houston in 2015, selling a combined 19,700+ lots for US$238+ million with more than 21,000 total bidder registrations, making it the site's largest year ever. This week's two-day auction attracted 4,500+ bidders from 55 countries, including 2,700+ online bidders. Approximately 53 percent of the equipment was sold to out-of-state buyers from as far away as Turkey, China, and India. Bids were placed in person, online at rbauction.com and by proxy.
"We would like to thank all of our customers for choosing to buy and sell at our auctions in Houston, helping us put on another successful auction this week and making this a record-setting year," said Alan McVicker, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. "The quality and quantity of equipment and trucks available in the auction attracted a huge crowd of onsite and online bidders. Buyers from across the country and around the world were very active on both days of the auction. As usual, every item was sold to the highest bidder, with no minimum bids and no reserve prices."
More than 4,200 items from 550+ sellers were sold at the November auction, including 320+ truck tractors, 300+ trailers, 85+ compactors, 80+ excavators, 75+ cranes, 60+ flatbed trucks, 60+ forklifts, 60 dozers, 50+ dump trucks, 45+ loader backhoes, and 215+ pickup trucks.
Specific sales highlights:
- A Link-Belt HC248H 200-ton 8x4x4 conventional truck crane sold for US$345,000
- Two Link-Belt HTC8660 60-ton 8x4x4 hydraulic truck cranes sold for a combined US$240,000
- Two 2008 Caterpillar 980H wheel loaders sold for a combined US$315,000
- A 2007 Caterpillar D8T bulldozer sold for US$155,000
- A 2012 John Deere 850K LGP bulldozer sold for US$142,500
- Two 2012 Komatsu PC450LC-8 hydraulic excavators sold for a combined US$317,500
- A 2014 Kenworth T800 sleeper truck tractor sold for US$130,000
- A 2015 Kenworth W900 truck tractor sold for US$107,500
- Two 2014 Mack GU813 Tri/A mixer trucks sold for a combined US$275,000
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: HOUSTON, TX – NOVEMBER 11 - 12, 2015
- Gross Auction Proceeds – US$50+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – US$25+ million
- Total registered bidders (onsite and online) – 4,500+
- Unique registered online bidders – 2,700+
- Number of lots sold – 4,200+
- Number of sellers – 550+
Ritchie Bros. has 90+ auctions listed on its auction calendar at rbauction.com, including 40+ auctions remaining in 2015. The final Texas auction of 2015 will be held December 2 - 3 in Fort Worth. To sell your equipment and trucks in the Fort Worth auction please contact the auction site directly at +1.817.237.6544.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest seller of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, material handling, energy, mining, forestry, marine and other industries. Ritchie Bros. TM solutions make it easy for the world's builders to buy and sell equipment with confidence, including live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding (rbauction.com), the EquipmentOneTM secure online marketplace (EquipmentOne.com), a professional corporate asset management program, and a range of value-added services, including equipment financing for customers through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services (rbauction.com/financing). Ritchie Bros. has operations in 19 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at RitchieBros.com.
An aerial photo of cranes at the Houston auction site and other media photos are available at rbauction.com/media.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers