Robert Rodriguez Introduces Robert Rodriguez Edition
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Robert Rodriguez division of The Jones Group Inc. (NYSE: JNY), today announced the launch of a new collection by Robert Rodriguez, the Chief Designer of the division. Robert Rodriguez Edition is a contemporary capsule collection designed to complete a woman's wardrobe and lifestyle. Creating key pieces to build a woman's essential wardrobe, Rodriguez went beyond basics when designing this collection. Edition is the ultimate, on-going series of iconic items women need in their lives.
Rodriguez said: "I like a sense of beautiful function. Everything to me has a purpose. Edition brings beauty and sophistication together to create sexy and versatile pieces that serve as a starting point to how a woman creates her everyday wardrobe."
The collection embodies the signature aesthetic of Robert Rodriguez - seaming, draping and sophisticated embellishment. The approach to silhouettes is more body-conscious and based on tailoring to fit a woman's body and curves. Fabrics include luxurious textures of stretch leather, matte techno stretch, stretch suiting, draped cupro jersey, sequins, silk textured burnout, stretch shirting and signature silk prints.
Key items are soft suiting jackets in Slim Boyfriend and Tailored silhouettes, trousers in cropped, skinny and flared shapes, menswear shirting with feminine details, artfully crafted soft blouses, luxe t-shirts and dramatically draped dresses and pencil skirts.
Price points range from $295 to $595 for sportswear and $695 to $1195 for leather and outerwear pieces. The line will launch in both domestic and international fine department stores, as well as specialty boutiques and, this August, on www.robertrodriguezcollection.com.
ABOUT ROBERT RODRIGUEZ
Rodriguez, a Cuban native who grew up in Miami, launched his signature brand in 2003 after nearly two decades of experience designing for a broad range of brands including Christian Dior. Rodriguez is known for his sleek silhouettes with dramatic details and draping, innovative fabrics, and an innate attention to fit, function, and comfort. Rodriguez is a member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
Learn more at robertrodriguezcollection.com or facebook.com/robertrodriguezcollection
About The Jones Group Inc.
The Jones Group Inc. (www.jonesgroupinc.com) is a leading global designer, marketer and wholesaler of over 35 brands with product expertise in apparel, footwear, jeanswear, jewelry and handbags. The Jones Group has a reputation for innovation, excellence in product quality and value, operational execution and talent. The Company also markets directly to consumers through branded specialty retail and outlet stores and through its e-commerce sites.
The Company's internationally recognized brands and licensing agreements (L) include: Nine West, Jones New York, Anne Klein, Kurt Geiger, Rachel Roy (L), Robert Rodriguez, Robbi & Nikki, Stuart Weitzman, B Brian Atwood (L), Boutique 9, Easy Spirit, Carvela, Gloria Vanderbilt, l.e.i., Bandolino, Enzo Angiolini, Nine & Co., GLO, Joan & David, Miss KG, Jones Wear, Kasper, Energie, Evan-Picone, Le Suit, Mootsies Tootsies, Grane, Erika, Napier, Jessica Simpson (L), Sam & Libby, Givenchy (L), Judith Jack, Albert Nipon, Pappagallo and Rafe(L).
Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements contained herein are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements regarding the Company's expected financial position, business and financing plans are forward-looking statements. The words "believes," "expects," "plans," "intends," "anticipates" and similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements also include representations of the Company's expectations or beliefs concerning future events that involve risks and uncertainties, including:
- those associated with the effect of national, regional and international economic conditions;
- lowered levels of consumer spending resulting from a general economic downturn or lower levels of consumer confidence;
- the tightening of the credit markets and the Company's ability to obtain capital on satisfactory terms;
- given the uncertain economic environment, the possible unwillingness of committed lenders to meet their obligations to lend to borrowers, in general;
- the performance of the Company's products within the prevailing retail environment;
- customer acceptance of both new designs and newly-introduced product lines;
- the Company's reliance on a few department store groups for large portions of the Company's business;
- the Company's ability to identify acquisition candidates and, in a competitive environment for such acquisitions, acquire such businesses on reasonable financial and other terms;
- the integration of the organizations and operations of any acquired businesses into the Company's existing organization and operations;
- consolidation of the Company's retail customers;
- financial difficulties encountered by the Company's customers;
- the effects of vigorous competition in the markets in which the Company operates;
- the Company's ability to attract and retain qualified executives and other key personnel;
- the Company's reliance on independent foreign manufacturers, including political instability in countries where contractors and suppliers are located;
- changes in the costs of raw materials, labor, advertising and transportation, including the impact such changes may have on the pricing of the Company's products and the resulting impact on consumer acceptance of the Company's products at higher price points;
- the Company's ability to successfully implement new operational and financial information systems; and
- the Company's ability to secure and protect trademarks and other intellectual property rights.
A further description of these risks and uncertainties and other important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company's expectations can be found in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, including, but not limited to, the Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Disclosure and Item 1A-Risk Factors therein, and in the Company's other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Although the Company believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, such expectations may prove to be incorrect. The Company does not undertake to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE The Jones Group Inc.
More by this Source
The Jones Group Shareholders Approve Merger With Sycamore Partners
Apr 07, 2014, 16:01 ET
Exchange Offer Is Announced For The Jones Group's 6.875% Senior Notes Due 2019
Mar 24, 2014, 17:15 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.