SAN JOSE, Calif., Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Designers can achieve ease of design, high efficiency, and robust communication for industrial automation applications with the MAX14853/MAX14855 and MAX14943/MAX14949 family of highly integrated RS-485 transceivers from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
- More information about MAX14853: http://bit.ly/MAX14853
- More information about MAX14855: http://bit.ly/MAX14855
- More information about MAX14943: http://bit.ly/MAX14943
- More information about MAX14949: http://bit.ly/MAX14949
- Evaluation kit image of Maxim's isolated RS-485 transceiver: http://bit.ly/Maxim_RS485Transceivers_EVKit_Image
Designers of industrial automation equipment require solutions that provide flexibility and high efficiency. The high integration of the RS-485 family of transceivers with integrated transformer drivers and low drop out (LDO) regulator simplifies power and data isolated designs. The MAX14943 isolated RS-485/PROFIBUS DP transceiver, as well as the MAX14949 transceiver, each provide up to 80% efficiency at 150mA load. Available in full or half duplex isolated RS-485 transceivers, the family supports up to 5kVrms and allows for robust communication up to 25Mbps. The transceivers are ideal for industrial automation, programmable logic controllers (PLC), HVAC, and power meter applications.
- Ease of design: Simplifies design and provides flexibility through integration; transceivers include a transformer driver and an LDO
- Robust communication: 2.75kVrms and 5kVrms isolation options protect against large differences in ground potential between ports; Robust +35kV (HBM ESD) on driver outputs/receiver inputs
- High efficiency: Integrated transformer driver provides up to 80% efficiency at 150mA load
- "Our high ESD transceivers, coupled with Maxim's robust digital isolation technology, provide the industry's most robust isolated RS-485 solution on the market," said Timothy Leung, Senior Business Manager at Maxim Integrated. "We integrated an LDO to regulate the isolated power and provide designers with a smaller solution and lower system cost."
- "High efficiency and robust communication are essential when designing industrial automation equipment," said Susie Inouye, Research Director at Databeans. "Maxim's family of transceivers provides an ideal solution for designers who want to achieve this."
To view the family of products, visit http://bit.ly/RS-422_485_LineDrivers_Receivers.
Availability and Pricing
- Available in a 16-pin W-SOIC package (11mm x 11mm).
- Specified over the -40-degree Celsius to +105-degree Celsius temperature range.
- The MAX148X2 evaluation kit (MAX14853 and MAX14855) is available: http://bit.ly/MAX148X2_EV_KIT.
- The MAX149X2 evaluation kit (MAX14943 and MAX14949) is available: http://bit.ly/MAX149X2_EV_KIT.
- Pricing available upon request.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim is bringing new levels of analog integration to automotive, cloud data center, mobile consumer, and industrial applications. We're making technology smaller, smarter, and more energy efficient, so that our customers can meet the demands of an integrated world. Learn more at http://www.maximintegrated.com.
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.