PHILADELPHIA, Aug. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) launched its presence at the American Association for Clinical Chemistry (AACC) 2016 Clinical Lab Expo today by featuring several next-generation diagnostic testing platforms and a new virtual reality experience that gives attendees an "under the hood" look at a lab of the future and an innovative concept Roche calls the "Roche connected lab."
Experience the interactive Multimedia News Release here: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7889151-roche-aacc-2016/
The virtual reality theater will enable attendees to view samples moving through a virtual lab equipped with various configurations of Roche automation, chemistry/immunoassay platforms and molecular diagnostics systems, as well as connections to third-party platforms. The actual Roche systems that are part of the connected lab concept will also be on display in the booth.
"There is increasing demand among integrated health networks for greater centralization of diagnostic testing to streamline workflows and put comprehensive patient information at the healthcare professional's fingertips, quickly," said Jack Phillips, president and CEO of Roche Diagnostics Corporation. "The Roche connected lab concept brings together several different areas of testing in one place, so a single patient sample can be loaded once and integrated results are available faster and more reliably than ever before, helping to improve both testing efficiency and patient care."
In addition to the virtual reality experience, the Roche booth (#1301) will feature a variety of recently introduced in vitro diagnostics solutions for chemistry, anatomic pathology and molecular labs and various point-of-care settings. Highlighted products include the cobas Liat PCR system—for which Roche just received FDA approval and CLIA waiver for a Flu A/B + RSV test—and the VENTANA HE 600 system for H&E tissue staining.
The booth also includes a "Futures" area that offers a glimpse into pipeline diagnostics products that have not been submitted for FDA approval and are not yet available for sale in the U.S.
In addition, Roche is continuing its commitment to discussing critical industry issues by sponsoring two workshops in conjunction with the AACC 2016 annual meeting:
- Get Behind the Scenes of Population Health with AACC and LabLeaders
- Driving Clinical Value through Lab Testing-Case Studies with Cardiac and Sepsis Biomarkers
More information about workshop presenters, times and locations, as well as an overview of the Roche booth, is available at www.aacc.roche.com.
New products featured in the Roche booth this year include:
- cobas® c 513 analyzer—a dedicated high-volume HbA1c testing solution designed to fulfill the needs of high-volume laboratories, while also meeting the new requirements for HbA1c testing. (Product has 510(k) submission pending clearance. Not available in U.S.)
- cobas Connection Modules (CCM)—a high-volume automation solution that provides convenient sample loading, quality and quantity checks, workflow flexibility and connectivity across disciplines—such as molecular diagnostics, hematology and coagulation—and to third-party platforms. Roche is the first IVD manufacturer to connect molecular testing solutions validated for cross-contamination compliance.
- cobas Influenza A/B & RSV test for the cobas Liat system –the first CLIA-waived, real-time PCR test that differentiates flu and respiratory syncytial virus in 20 minutes, now available for use in physician offices and urgent care settings.
- Roche Inventory Solutions—an inventory management application designed to optimize supply chain processes and provide real-time management insights for laboratories. Based on user-defined min-max levels, consumption patterns and order data, the system indicates upcoming shortages and can suggest or even automatically trigger an order.
- CoaguChek® XS mPOC App Kit—a mobile iOS solution designed to work seamlessly with the CoaguChek XS meter to allow patient self-testers to wirelessly transmit their PT/INR test results from their meter at home directly to CoaguChek Patient Services and their healthcare provider. (Product is in development and not commercially available in the U.S.)
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people's lives.
Roche is the world's largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalized healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible.
Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. Twenty-nine medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Roche has been recognized as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry seven years in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices.
The Roche Group, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, is active in over 100 countries and in 2015 employed more than 91,700 people worldwide. In 2015, Roche invested CHF 9.3 billion in R&D and posted sales of CHF 48.1 billion. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan. For more information, please visit www.roche.com or usdiagnostics.roche.com.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
For further information, please contact:
Senior Director, Communications
Roche Diagnostics Corporation
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Communications Business Partner
Roche Diagnostics Corporation
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/roche-introduces-virtual-reality-theater-at-aacc-2016-clinical-lab-expo-to-give-lab-professionals-firsthand-glimpse-of-connected-lab-of-the-future-300307426.html
SOURCE Roche Diagnostics