WASHINGTON, Nov. 14, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Rockefeller Institute of Government of the State University of New York (SUNY) will present a forum on the fiscal impact of gambling on state budgets on Wednesday, November 16, 2016, from 12:30-2:45 p.m. in the First Amendment Lounge at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C. The event is free and open to the public.
This forum is being used to formally unveil the Rockefeller Institute's Blinken Report, a study entitled State Revenues From Gambling: Short-Term Relief, Long-Term Disappointment, authored by Lucy Dadayan, senior researcher at the Rockefeller Institute.
The report looks into the tax revenue trends from various forms of gambling activities in the wake of the Great Recession. The forum will begin with a presentation by Dadayan, who will discuss the major findings of her research. This will be followed by two panels targeted towards understanding the short-term and long-term implications of gambling expansion on state budgets.
Other panelists include:
- Jackson Brainerd, policy associate, National Conference of State Legislatures;
- Norton Francis, senior research associate, Urban Institute;
- John Hicks, executive director, National Association of State Budget Officers;
- Alan Mallach, senior fellow, Center for Community Progress;
- Ranjana Madhusudhan, deputy director of revenue and economic analysis, Office of the Chief Economist, New Jersey Department of Treasury;
- Mark Ostrowski, administrator, Illinois Gaming Board; and
- Michael Sweeney, executive director, Massachusetts Lottery.
To RSVP, please contact Michele.Charbonneau@rockinst.suny.edu or call (518) 443-5258 by November 15, 2016.
About the Rockefeller Institute of Government
The Nelson A. Rockefeller Institute of Government is the public policy research arm of the State University of New York. The Institute conducts fiscal and programmatic research on American state and local governments. Journalists can find useful information on the Newsroom page of our Web site, www.rockinst.org.
Deputy Director for Operations
(518) 443-5837 (office)
(518) 248-2155 (cell)
or by email at email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rockefeller-institute-presents-research-on-the-fiscal-impact-of-gambling-on-state-budgets-in-national-press-club-event-300362215.html
SOURCE Rockefeller Institute