CYPRESS, Calif., Feb. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Nothing says "I love you" quite like a romantic, home-cooked dinner for two, and preparing one that is convenient and healthy on Valentine's Day just got easier, thanks to Rojo's, the makers of fresh, restaurant-quality refrigerated salsas and dips. Made in small batches using premium, fresh-cut ingredients, Rojo's salsas are built with a commitment to deliver great homemade taste and freshness and will inspire the chef in you with easy-to-follow recipes that will wow loved ones.
"Nearly one-quarter of Americans dine out on Valentine's Day, making it the second most popular holiday for dining out after Mother's Day. This year, you can avoid the hectic restaurant crowds with tasty meals made in the comfort of home," said Mark Miller, vice president of marketing at Simply Fresh Foods. "Our versatile Rojo's salsas add a flavorful kick to the simplest of dishes, allowing you more quality time with your Valentine."
Committed to bringing authentic Mexican flavors from restaurant tables to yours, Rojo's will have you falling more in love with each bite of spicy flavor. It's easy to treat your date to the authentic flavors of your favorite Mexican dishes with these tips from Rojo's:
1. Set the mood with a savory appetizer
- Kick off dinner with the perfect bite and set the right tone with Fiery Greens or Chicken Tortilla Black Bean Soup.
2. Dish up deliciousness with "Dinner for Two"
- Jazz up the classic steak dinner by adding a little extra something to kick things up a notch with Hot Stuff Cube Steak. Going meatless? Not a problem! Amaze your Valentine with a delicious Veracruz Style Tilapia seafood dinner. For vegetarians, gourmet Stuffed Tomatoes makes an impressive dish, yet only takes minutes to prepare.
3. Treat your sweetheart to decadent dessert
- Upgrade your classic vanilla ice cream with a zesty Dessert Surprise by adding mango salsa and cinnamon.
Rojo's artisan-crafted salsas (SRP $3.29 - $4.49) and dips (SRP $4.99 - $7.69) are available nationwide in the refrigerated dairy/deli case at more than 25,000 grocery retailers including Walmart, Safeway, Kroger, Albertson's, Ralph's, Stater Bros., Winco and in Costco and Sam's Club stores. To learn more about Rojo's, visit www.rojossalsa.com.
Founded in 1985, Rojo's has a rich heritage in refrigerated foods, beginning with a secret homemade salsa recipe from Mexico that was brought to the U.S. in 1965. Today, Rojo's is the industry leader in refrigerated, fresh-cut salsa, offering a complete line of fresh, restaurant-quality refrigerated salsas that are the gold standard in the marketplace. At the heart of the company's nearly 30-year legacy are its artisan-crafted salsas, which are made in small batches using premium, fresh cut ingredients in order to deliver great, homemade taste and freshness. Rojo's is available in the refrigerated dairy/deli case in grocery retailers nationwide, including Walmart, Safeway, Kroger, Albertson's, Ralph's, Stater Bros., Winco, Costco and Sam's Club stores.
For additional information, please visit us online www.rojossalsa.com.