NEW YORK, Jan. 26, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This research service focuses on the global market for diesel/gasoline engine after-treatment technologies. It specifically focuses on various exhaust systems and various results achieved by its implementation by different original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). The research provides key market breakdowns, trends, and challenges impacting the global market with regard to the Euro emission norms, US Tier III, China V, Bharat stage V, and ACEA fleet emissions target. The study also provides an overview of various OEMs' solutions, strategies, and conclusions and recommendations for the market. The base year of the study is 2014 and the forecast is shown for 2016 and 2020.
Adoption of clean diesel engines with high end after-treatment systems:
- PSA, Daimler, Volkswagen, and BMW will be the highest adopters of selective catalytic reduction (SCR) aftertreatment systems for segment C and above vehicles. By 2020, % of European diesel engines will be integrated with the SCR system. Opel, Renault-Nissan, and Fiat will focus on SCR to comply with stringent emission standards.
- Lean nitrogen oxide (NOx) traps will be adopted by Volvo, Ford, and GM as their main exhaust strategy. The lean NOx trap (LNT) market will see higher penetration when key original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) adopt LNT for all lower segment vehicles.
Emission regulations and proposals:
- Upcoming stringent emission regulations will be put in place in Europe for all OEMs as Euro 6c norms will imposed by 2017 and OEMs will focus on reducing average fleet emissions to g/km by 2020.
- US Tier II Bin 5 and Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) emissions norms will be key drivers for a high end after-treatment system.
- China and India will enforce Euro 5-equivalent emission standards by 2017.
Breakthrough in emission technology:
- OEMs are making heavy investments to develop low production cost after-treatment systems. The main restraint for OEMs to adopt high end after-treatment system is the adoption cost.
- Compact diesel particulate filter (DPF)+SCR system and Compact DPF+LNT system are the future trend in emission reduction technology.
- New technologies will create a breakthrough in higher production rate.
- A standard downsized engine platforms will help clean diesel exhaust gases along with after-treatment systems. (e.g., VEA platform, OM ).
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03180773-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001