DENVER, Jan. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- This Valentine's Day, grab your sweetheart and get lost in five romantic adventures for all five senses. Following are Valentine's Day packages and a sampling of flirtatious ideas to ignite every sense. For more romantic inspiration, visit www.COLORADO.com.
Sight: Strap on your snowshoes or cross-country skis for a romantic backcountry adventure on Lizard Head Pass near Telluride. Take in gorgeous views of the San Juan Mountains and feel like you are the only two people in the world.
Smell: Take a tour through Colorado Wine Country in Grand Junction and Palisade. Admire the beautiful scenery while herbal, woodsy, and fruity aromas of Colorado grapes tickle samplers' noses.
Touch: Rekindle the romantic spark while soaking in one of Colorado's naturally heated, geothermal hot springs. For optimum romance, slip into a private tub at Wiesbaden Hot Springs in Ouray.
Sound: The gentle rocking and distinct whistle of the coal-fired, steam-powered Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad transports its passengers back to the romantic era of traveling by train.
Taste: Snowshoe beneath the moonlight to a candlelight dinner. Diners will savor the crisp alpine air, and then relish a gourmet dinner of Colorado wild game at The Tennessee Pass Cookhouse.
Valentine's Day Packages
- Skip the chocolate-covered strawberries and have fun making authentic Whoopie pies with The Mining Exchange "Makin' Whoopee" Lovers' Package in Colorado Springs. Package starts at $149.
- The "Simply Sweetheart's Destination Getaway" package at Estes Park's Aspen Lodge includes a private sleigh ride, breakfast in bed, a couples' massage and more.
- Try a cooking class with a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Cooking School in London at the Colorado Mountain College in Breckenridge. Cost is $50. 970-453-6757
- Smith Fork Ranch offers the Romantic Mountain Getaway All-Inclusive Package. Lovers will find sumptuous accommodations, gourmet picnic lunches, half-day guided adventure and more. Rates start at $3,870 per couple.
- The Curtis Hotel in Denver celebrates the unique love stories of Brangelina, John & Yoko and Ellen & Portia with "Couples We Love" 25 percent off Valentine's Day getaway. 800-525-6651.
- Stay at Three Rivers Resort in Almont and enjoy Valentine's Weekend for $110, including two nights in a romantic setting and dinner at Garlic Mike's. 888-761-3474.
- Aspen Meadows Resort's "Be Our Valentine" Package offers breakfast for two, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, and more. 970-925-4240
Carly Holbrook / 720-289-9366, email@example.com
SOURCE Colorado Tourism Office